Generation X or Y

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
I got the basic's from my brothers, as a very young kid.

Over the years, like many, i tried different things and to a point was self taught. I don't take any fishing information from the internet what so ever.

I am going to a well known water in a few weeks time. I am after the Tench, apart from knowing that this water holds double figure fish, I know nothing about it, nor do I want to.

My fishing has always been, and always will be, find out for yourself. I am fishing for 60 hours. I will take what bait i think i need, as for tactics, that will depend on what swim i get in. I will work it out as i go along.

What ever happens, I know it is down to me, so i can't blame someone for dodgy information if i blank. I don't see ( and never have) the point getting all the info on a water. For me fishing isn't just about catching, its about working it out as well.

rayner

Reaction score
I got the basic's from my brothers, as a very young kid.

Over the years, like many, i tried different things and to a point was self taught. I don't take any fishing information from the internet what so ever.

I am going to a well known water in a few weeks time. I am after the Tench, apart from knowing that this water holds double figure fish, I know nothing about it, nor do I want to.

My fishing has always been, and always will be, find out for yourself. I am fishing for 60 hours. I will take what bait i think i need, as for tactics, that will depend on what swim i get in. I will work it out as i go along.

What ever happens, I know it is down to me, so i can't blame someone for dodgy information if i blank. I don't see ( and never have) the point getting all the info on a water. For me fishing isn't just about catching, its about working it out as well.

I totally agree with the final paragraph in this reply.
Even though I said anglers new to the sport should get information where they can the only way to learn is by doing it yourself and learning on the bank.

It's already been said that when people are told anything in angling they soon revert to doing it the easy way rather than how they were told.
One definite tactic that some anglers struggle with is feeding, at times it can get a bit repetitive and some get a little fed up and omit to feed at times.
They then wonder where the fish have gone.

The internet is good for information like hook sizes and tying, bait preparation.
It would be easy to go on listing but you get the idea.
Tactics stick in your head if self taught.

Most folk are short of confidence when doing something new.