Get Your Passports Stamped! It's the Severn Fish-In

Titus

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The forecast is looking great for you folks this weekend, I managed four from the middle Severn last night so if you dont frighten em all you should be in with a chance.

Big river or not don't be tempted to overfeed, In five hours I used about half a kilo of pellet crumb in the feeder and two boilies, (one on each rig), and both of them came home with me.

Have a great weekend./forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

F

Fred Bonney

Thanks Adrian,looking forward to my first ever visit to fish this mighty river!

Titus

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
" looking forward to my first ever visit to fish this mighty river!"

That will be another box ticked then Fred.

I hope she doesn't dissapoint you, It's not as prolific as your usual haunt but the fish are there. If she's not on form though theres always the company to fall back on.

I wish I could join you but I have got to supervise a couple of lads who are doing some fencing for me this weekend so theres no hope, I am hoping to do the Barbel Society junior day at Sutton though which will be my first visit to the tidal Trent and another box ticked for me.

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

Good luck everyone.SorryI cannot join you butI am babysitting for the weekend.Hoping for an after hours on the Thames though.

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Right, I'm nearly finished packing my gear.

And I've just tried to pick my bag up........Oh my god!!!!

I didn't realise how much tackle and rods two people need for a days fishing!

I've got6 rods in me holdall, 1 umbrella,3 landiing net handles, banksticksand I can't fit anything else into my rucksack and I've still got to go and get bait yet!

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

I didn't realise how much tackle and rods two people need for a days fishing!

Steve, don't you mean

I didn't realise how much tackle and rods two people think they need for a days fishing!

Has me new rod turned up yet?Give it a waggle when it does and let me know what you think.

Reaction score
Right folks, I'm off fishing so if you need to contact me from here on in please use my mobile number that was in the last email.

I am getting tickets for...

Steve, Wendi and Jeff (Sat), Wendi (Sat), Claudia/Mike (Sat/Sun), Sash (Sat) and Fred (Sat/Sun). Anyone else intending to arrive before 7.30am please give me a bell.

Everyone else drop in to the tackle shop nearby (details in email)

Tight lines one and all. I've just had a chat with Steve Pope and he says the river is a bit low but looking great.

Cu tomorrow

****y

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
"Has me new rod turned up yet?Give it a waggle when it does and let me know what you think."

Hahaha, give it a "waggle".............I'm trying to make room for it in me bag Nigel!

Only kidding mate, I will check it over when your mate gets here at 6.30 and give you a bell.

Nigel, Wendi will be fishing two rods for barbs, I will have two rods out for Zeds late afternoon. But before that I will have to catch some lives (hopefully some big roach too), so one float rod, I also want to put a plug around, so one spinning rod, plus all the end tackle and reels to do it all.

Thanks ****y and Jim, see you both tomorrow /forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

Cheers mate and only joking.You do need a barrow though.I got one after crippling myself at Clattercote and they are great when you are weighed down.Not much good at getting over gates though.

I think you'll have a good one as the water temps will be on the way up no doubt.

F

Fred Bonney

What about your bed,Steve?/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

I take it Wendi's got the sink?

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Just spent another £50 on top of the £140 two days ago!

By the time I get to the riverbank I'm gonna need a nap Fred, I'll just go and pack it /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

I was chatting at the tackle shop and conditions are looking bang on for the weekend, let's hope we all have a good un.

No barrows for me Nigel........I need the excercise!

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
Well sorry guys but i can not make it. My client has changed the paint for the house twice, so i have had to paint the walls 7 times instead of twice.

This has p-ssed me right off as i wanted to go to this fish in.

Have a good day all, will have to wait for the report to see how you all got on, Good luck.

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Ray come to the fish-in, 7 coats of paint is gonna takes days to dry properly!

And if you don't come to the fish-in...........charge DOUBLE!

F

Fred Bonney

Youmust be full up withwork Ray, to let someonemuckyou about,especially to spoil a weekend!

I was looking forward to meeting you..

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
Fred and Steve,

I was looking forward to meeting you and buying you a pint.

I have so much work, that if something like this happens it puts everything back, so i am playing catch up. If i let clients down word gets around and work will dry up, most of my clients know each other, thats how i get my work, word of mouth, no advertising.

I do hope you all have a good day, and that we can get together another time for that drink, good luck.

To make it worse i have'nt been fishing since Gold Valley.

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
Wendy,

cakey has your Rodsling and £10 for ****y for the ticket.

Thanks to ****y and Jim for doing all the hard work to arrange the fish in, just wish i was going.