Getting particles out

Blunderer

Reaction score
On a water where spodding is banned, what is the best way to get a big bed of particle out 40-50 yards? My instinct would be to use halibut graoundbait and mix it real stodgy, add particles and catapult small, hard balls. Has anyone any other ideas?
Remember "stickymag"? Wouldn't it be great to use something similar for hemp/seeds/pellets.

Big Mart

Reaction score
Other than using a bait boat I can't see how. You can get particle catapults but the spread of your bait would be immense and I doubt you'd get 40-50 yards.

I was thinking about this the other day - How to get a lot of sweetcorn out that sort of distance. All I could come up with was freezing balls of sweetcorn keeping them on ice and firing them out with a catapult the minute you get there to lay down a good bed of bait.

Malc Bason

Reaction score
Mix up prior to your trip and roll up into catapault-sixed balls and freeze!

L

little Stu!

Baz (being serious for one minute you dithering old codger) what would be the reason for banning spodding from a bailiff's perspective?

Love n kisses!

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

As Froth says, mix your feed in with a groundbait mix and ball it in, i'd use plain old breadcrumb 50/50 brown n white.

G

Ged

Could try PVA bags.
As with feeder, throw a couple out before casting in baited hook.

B

BAZ (Angel of the North) aka Fester

In answer to Stu's question -: Because I can.

Seriously, being on a small water and annoying other anglers. Somebody actualy wrote about it on here about a month ago so it does happen.

Seriously, I have heard it said that the angler would be useing two rods when only one rod is allowed.

Good question though.

As Blunderer has said (where spodding is banned). It is usually the particles that are banned and not the spod its self. But spod and particles go together so ban them just to make sure. As you can see some committeee somewhere has given this a great deal of thought. But where particles are banned you can still use sweetcorn.

B

BAZ (Angel of the North) aka Fester

If in doubt, put pebbles in the ice cubes.

P

Paul Clarke

How about a highly trained otter with some kind of bucket and release mechanism connected to an otter-friendly harness ?

B

Big Rik

Vitalin can hold it's own weight in particles.

Make up beforehand and freeze.