good runs water in this country

Daveg

Reaction score
Anyone got any ideas where we can go for a week on a good lake that takes 5 anglers, must have basic facilities like loos and showers and shops near by.

We have fished france 3 times now and think that there must be some places like the france set up that will have a good head of 20,s 30,s 40,s etc.

we have looked at Linear lakes and horse shoe , they look pretty good

Any suggestions welcomed

Cheers

Peter Webb 4

Reaction score
Elphicks fishery in Kent.You need to book up in advance.Fish up to 40lb.and you don't have to be to clever at carp fishing to bank several good fish in twenty four hours.I am talking about North Lake.

Peter Webb 4

Reaction score
Bit more info for you Dave.North lake is about six acres.I personally have never put a lot of bait in although some spod for ages before starting to fish.I have never found it neccessary.I haven't fished it for about three years because I no longer found it a challenge.I took the one time lake record (a 41.25lb mirror) about 2 rod lengths off the first island (deep end)after being there for four hours.I followed that with 3 or 4 twentys and a thirty all in one day.By the way,every sigle fish I had from Elphicks came out on pepperami (the red one).This of course may have blown by now but good luck anyway and I hope this helps.By the way the method also worked extremely well up there.

Daveg

Reaction score
Nice one,

I,ll pass your comments onto the rest of my party.

Cheers Peter

Tight Lines

Dave.

Blunderer

Reaction score
I am going to Rookery Meadows. You can book the whole 3 acre lake for a week for ?750-1000.

Peter Webb 4

Reaction score
Five of us went to Rookery Meadow in Gloucestershire in April and we were bitterly dissapointed.I did manage to winkle out a 29lb mirror and two of the others managed a couple of 10 pounders and a twenty.The other two had nothing all week.There are some good fish in there and we are all experienced anglers.Perhaps we were just unlucky although the weather at the time went from low pressure to high preasure and was a bit unpredictable.Don't put to much bait in the margins.The two resident swans will eat the lot.We also found the bailif very unhelpful.He basically dumped us at the lake and we didn't see him again until the Thursday when he came down for ten minutes.It just seemed to us that once they have your money they don't give a toss about you.This is only my oppinion and I hope you guys have a better week.Let me know how you get on.

addicts

Reaction score
elphicks is my first choice venue it has some really nice fish and they have now opened up the old members lakes westend has
some small fish in but the are taking them out fished it last weekend me and a mate loads of high 20 and there is bigger fish in there if you aviod the mussel beds the bigger fish go for them if you want pictures email me addicts1947@hotmail.co.uk