Graham Elliott - A statement

E

EC

Without taking sides I feel that forums such as this are precisely the places to air your views and concerns, if it concerns the wider angling public.

As this thread concerns the running of an angling club then in my opinion it's right to get a public airing.

Its not like the fella posting the message has come on just because he has an agenda with some individual he has never met, like when 'Spiros' doubted somebody's catches not so long back.

Spiros

Reaction score
Hi Fred and Eddie C,
It doesn't take you boys long to wake up!

I honestly thought Robins post was reasonable - but that's just my opinion.

Fred - did I see your name in the credits on a certain Barbel DVD?

Eddie, funnily enough I met the chap in question the other day, top bloke he was as well!

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
"Don't let them bully you!"

Exactly!!!

How many committee members have resigned now?

Stand up for your rights Graham and yes I've read the BFW thread.
A motion of no confidence seems to be in order.
Let the members decide, when they've heard the full story!

Graham Elliott 1

Reaction score
A great day for Justice!

I was asked today to attend the Police Staion as my attacker had made allegations regarding the first incident. This subsequent to his arrest and admittance of guilt over the second incident.

I was surprised to find that I was arrested, as the police have a responsibility to investigate all complaints.

I was also surprised to find that my attacker had obtained details of the the statements made to the Chairman at the First TDFC meeting. (I never was allowed to see them) Including Ms. Howards.

I was also very pleased.

The Police investigated my attackers allegations, and those that were submitted to TDFC against me.

The Police investigated my statements (the ones that were not allowed to be shown to TDFC)

Result

No Crime Committed by me. No further action.

So.......This, many would believe totally exonerates me from any attacks. After a full Police investigation.

I guess you might think it would follow that the TDFC Committee would want to re-examine the case. In the light of this information??

Don't hold your breath!

Graham

Graham Elliott 1

Reaction score
I hope this thread is of interest to all anglers. It involves abuse of power and the things that can happen to a Fishing Club if the members do not get involved in the running of it.

I have now obtained details of the EGM minutes where many TDFC Committee members have alleged here and on the TDFC website that I proposed changes to the Constitution to allow the Committee to impose Rule changes.

I had though myself this subject was covered at that time.

No mention of rule changes was made at the stated EGM. The EGM covered Subscriptions and setup of Trustee status for the Club

I have also copies from the Secretary at the time, Ed Millie of all relevant meetings and AGM's of the same period. Still looking.

To date I cannot find where the Constitutional change relating to imposed rules was voted on by the members. It might be that it was never actually voted on.

I am still looking. Lots of information. I will update.

Graham

E

EC

None of my business, but congrats on being exonerated, and I hope you get your result mate.

B

BAZ (Angel of the North) aka Fester

Well done Graham.
The last thing this club would have expected was for somebody to make such an issue out of what happened. Instead of just disapearing into the sunset.

Bill Ling

Reaction score
Well done Graham. Your credibility has never been in doubt IMHO. Keep posting and let us now how things go. You can't let these little hitlers win.

Bill

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

Eddie, I'd agree with you to a certain extent but doesn't the general interest only extend to members of the club itself? I think the appeal of threads like these to a lot of posters , me included, is that they are the internet equivalent of a soap opera with goodies, baddies and hopefully a happy ending(for Graham at least)

The only other concern I have when issues such as this get aired on the internet is that unless the other party choose to particpate then you only get one side of the story upon which to judge matters.

Thats not to say what Graham is saying is not absolutely correct but it is a point worth considering.

Robin Bowes

Reaction score
Spiros: Thanks for your support.

Graham: I hope this whole issue gets resolved satisfactorily for all parties.

Nigel: You've hit the nail squarely on the head. On this thread (and the one on BFW) we only get Graham's side of the story. That's not to say that it isn't correct, but no judge/jury would even consider making a judgement on such a one-sided version of events, even if it is a true and accurate reflection of what actually happened.

Others/All: I still maintain that this is *nothing* to do with barbel fishing. The General forum might have been more appropriate ( http://www.fishingmagic.com/forum/forumthreads/mps/dt/4/URN/4/V/1/SP/)

Back to fishing ...

B

BAZ (Angel of the North) aka Fester

but no judge/jury would even consider making a judgement on such a one-sided version of events

That's what this particular club had been doing though. And that is where some people can not undestand why a club of this sorts gets away with what it does. They are simply not a court of law. They are a law unto themselves.

F

Fred Bonney

Robin,you will find a thread in General Fishing on Ian Bell...cricket?....it happens occasionally!

Graham Elliott 1

Reaction score
Hi Robin/Spiropenickitous

Trouble is Rob,Spiro the Club would not even allow me to appear in person to represent myself or see my witness statements.

The Law has found for me 100%

Where do you go from there? And as I said earlier, for all anglers, consider, there but for the grace...........

Regards

Graham

Robin Bowes

Reaction score
Graham,

I understand what you're saying and, from what you've said, it does indeed sound like you've had a raw deal. I truly hope that the truth will out and justice will prevail.

My point is that I don't think that spreading all this over two barbel-fishing message boards is necesarily the right thing to do.

Once again, I hope this whole issue reaches a satisfactory conclusion sooner rather than later.

R.

PS. If you're ever in the North, drop me a line - I'd be happy to take you barbel fishing on the Nidd or Ouse!

Graham Elliott 1

Reaction score
Thanks Rob. Do I need a passport to go that far up?

Actually I'm having a day on the Ribble before too long. I'll bring me pigeons!

Graham

W

Woodys angle

It doesn't matter in which forum this gets posted, as far as I'm concerned I want to see TDFC sorted and placed in the hands of a competant committee all of whom care for the most important person in the club - THE MEMBER.

I wouldn't know about much of what is going on if were not for this thread. I don't visit BFW that much to read the forums. I hear rumour and inuendo going around locally, but very little in the way of detail as to what is happening.

As soon as it is sorted, my money and application form is on its way, providing there's still some season left to fish.