Greys 13/15ft Prodigy Float rod

Chevin Smith

Reaction score
Alright guys,

as anyone used or got this rod? I will be using it for trotting for roach, dace and grayling and occasionally will use it for a bit of tenching-do you think it would be up to the job?
Also, is it very lightweight and 'pin-frendly'?
Any help would be great..

*chev*

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
Have the Bewick which the Prodigy replaced. Ideal for Roach and Grayling. Can struggle with Tench if they are getting large and your in snaggy swims. Picked up the Prodigy power float for my Tench and Chub fishing. This is one of my best buys from last year. If the float is of the same qulity it will be a good buy. I have used my pin with the Power so should be fine on the standard float.

Hope this helps. If you get one let me know what its like.

D

DANNY BOY SMITH

i own one of each,
but from the two mentioned i rather prefer the bewick,at its full length i find it good for line pick up and ability to bend helping to land nice fish.havent had a problem myself with landing nice tench(6.5 lbs the biggest so far)
the action of the bewick is good for absorbing powerful lunges to i prefer a rod like this to a power rod but each to there own!

D

DANNY BOY SMITH

i think that its just a float mate its a proto type from greys so its not got any writing on the blank (i got it from hardys very shop last year)after the sale.as i am on good terms with most of the staff there .

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
Does it have the additional section to make it a 13/15 footer a the power is only 13 foot.

Not jealous that you are local and know the shop. Keep meaning to make a visit as its in the town of my birth.

D

DANNY BOY SMITH

its the standard float rod due to its extension.
only work down the road from the shop so get a good bit of window shopping there two some good deals if you catch them well worth the look .

D

DANNY BOY SMITH

the bewick's a very good rod but can be a bit heavy if used at its full length all day patrolling swims on a river.

Nathan Walter

Reaction score
I have just bought the Prodigy float 13/15ft. Looks very nice. Will hopefully try it out tomorrow for grayling and chub.

It's nice and light so should make it comfortable to fish with all day. It feels like there is a bit of power in the tip so reckon it will handle decent chub and tench without too much problem.

chipbuttee

Reaction score
Have the Bewick which the Prodigy replaced. Ideal for Roach and Grayling. Can struggle with Tench if they are getting large and your in snaggy swims. Picked up the Prodigy power float for my Tench and Chub fishing. This is one of my best buys from last year. If the float is of the same qulity it will be a good buy. I have used my pin with the Power so should be fine on the standard float.

Hope this helps. If you get one let me know what its like.
Never had an issue with mine used with a pin my best tench caught on our local pit 7.8lb handled with no problem. Lovely rod you do not see them often coming up for sale .