Group Tests

C

Chris Bishop

Christian shop around - believe it or not eBay's not always the cheapest place to buy gear these days.

I can vouch for Shimano reels, I've broke a few but some of mine have survived five or six years of serious abuse.

C

Christian Tyroll

Cheers guys,

Thanks woody just what i wanted know!

Chris i noticed that , i was watching a stradic the other day it went for ?67 + p @ P !! you could buy one new cheaper then that.

im off to the tackle shop to ask in there tommorrow!

Thanks

Christian

C

Chris Bishop

Once you've worked out what you want see if the tackle shop will price match or do you a deal - sling some line in or something. If they look after you, you're obviously going to keep going back there.

P

Paul Christie

I use a 5010 GT baitrunner for vertually all of my feeder fishing and personally don't find it to big, although I am usually fishing fair sized waters at a reasonable range.

I've tried smaller diawa and shimano's and had they have either not lasted as well or caused more line twist. My 5010 is probably 8 or 9 years years old, never beeen serviced, beeen permanently coated in crumb, accidentally dunked and it is still going strong. I would vouch for the 5010 ( now 5000) if you are going to put a feeder reel through some stick, but would buy one new rather than secondhand .