Halibut Dopple-Ganger

• Thread starter Sir Steven Blanksalot
  • Start date
C

Carp Angler

and luminous baits which don't blend with the freebies....

and single glugged pop-ups which don't blend with the freebies....

and.....

and.......

B

Bristol Piker

Regarding Frank Warwick advocating green/black baits one of the most successful baits I ever used shaded from a dark olive green to almost jet black depending on how much of one ingredient I added.Didn't seem to matter how much of this ingredient went into the bait....the results were the same....absolutely instant wherever I used it....quite often a fish on the first rod before I managed to cast a second and without introducing any freebies. Unfortunately the colouring/flavouring ingredient disappeared from sale many years ago and I've been unable to replicate the bait with any other additive.........ah well.

N

Nick Austin 2

i know it's going off the point somewhat, but i have noticed that Frank can be fairly contradictory depending on which VIDEO,or MAGAZINE you buy!... bright,dark,sinking,floating,luminous,critically balanced, floating,10mm,barrel shaped round boilies seem to be catching well at the moment!.... meaning he probably ACTUALLY uses Halibut Pellets!!!! hahahaha

F

Frothey

so basically you'll catch on anything you chuck in front of them....when they're feeding in the right place!!