Happy Bunny

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Hahaha very good Corkey, wish I had his money!

It was nice to have a break from the roach Muffin, back on em this Friday. Although the weir at Keynsham is gone tonight! Hope it drops a bit, the secret venue should be spot on ;)

Morespiders

Reaction score
Congrats, but still am looking forward to the pictures of you with a 2lb BA roach :)

So how old are you now Muffin? if your younger than Spiller you have a very small chance, failing that, do the lottery

Anyway Spiller two nice barbel them (CHOKE):D

preston96

Reaction score
Cheers Rodders, how did you do that???

I've gotta stop doing that with my middle finger on my left hand.

Hmmmmm!! i would ask Wend! :wh

I've gotta keep pinching myself too, this year has been lousy for the conditions, but I've done fantastically well up until now. I really don't know what to do, barbel or roach?

Go with your instinct!........barbel dont mind it really mucky, roach like it fallin out, and you are on a roll ;)

Michael Townsend 3

Reaction score
Paul, with you being a good experienced roach angler as well, could you see all those big redfins behind Spiller in those pics???........he he

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Hehehehe lol Townsend :D
Same venue Andy verified the silver bream from Brummie ;)

Roach on Friday, Barbel on Saturday/Sunday :)

11.11 would be nice, must get them scales back from Spiders ;)

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
In that case Stu it might be time for a BA fish-in? The venue holds big pike and carp too. The trouble is the weather, it's bank high at the mo'

Reaction score

Are you practicing to be a carp fisherman in that first shot? The lens is generally in front of you matey!!

Lovely to see the pics, having heard the tale; a very memorable brace, well done Steve!

Last edited:

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
Those big roach "head & tailing" in the background of the first shot really turn it into a cracking photo, clever that, well done.

Nice couple of gudgeon tho!

Burnished Sphericals for you too!

:cool:

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
Nice brace steve.

My son went after barbel on Tuesday with a mate of his. He has had a great season, but the last few weeks have been slow. he wanted to put a bend in his rod, so i sent him to a part of the River Lea i know, not big fish.

Between them they had 32 Barbel, yes 32, 5 over 8lb, biggest 8lb 7ozs, the rest 4lb and over, not big, but great fun. Almost forgot, they had 1 chub about 2lb all on Red maggot.