HAVE A BID ON EBAY

S

Scott Whatmore

ooh the excitement of the bidding frenzy is erm.. well.. ZZzzzzzz

Woody, will you get a special ACA prize for your good deed? Like a special enamelled badge for you lappel!

I'm gonna nominate you for an MBE! :eek:)

S

Steve King

I don't know where my cheque book is now Jeff! If I win it, can I collect it in person and pay cash?!!

W

Wolfman Woody

Sure Steve.

Come on a day when we can fish the Thames. That's the bonus prize.

I've already got a CBE, Scott. Can't Be Everywhere.

S

Steve King

OK then, Woody! Saturday, Monday or Tuesday? the choice is yours (or world is your lobster or something like that!!)

S

Steve King

No such thing as a dead cert mate - ever heard of sniping on e-bay!!

I'm waiting for someone to put a last minute bid on!!!!

W

Wolfman Woody

It would be a really nice gesture if all those who made a bid were to now make a little donation to the ACA

Cheques made payable to the:

Anglers Conservation Association
Eastwood House
6 Rainbow Street
LEOMINSTER
Herefordshire
HR6 8DQ

Please mention in a slip to them that you are a FishingMagic madman - sorry Member. I have a list of you all and shall be checking!!!

I'm sure Mark Lloyd and all the staff will appreciate this. There were almost 600 viewers to the item.

S

Steve King

Thank you Jeff!! It is all for a good cause!

Please e-mail me and we'll meet up soon. In the meantime please polish and clean the feeder and prepare a certificate from Graham!

Maybe we could get the feeder mounted (not stuffed!) and use it at prize at Clattercote?

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Thanks to all for taking part. It was for a good cause and a great bit of fun.

Nice one Steve!

W

Wolfman Woody

Steve collected the feeder today, thanks very much Steve. Was a Group 4 security van really necessary? :eek:)

I've sent the cheque off to Mark Lloyd and asked him to post on FM to show he has received it.

Just before Steve arrived - I found the other one. Now Scott - you were the second highest bidder, do you want a <u>Second Chance</u> offer?

To be truthful, this one is slightly damaged where Graham has tried to widen the holes by the looks of things. Steve actually thought he's have tried to glue them up completely, but it would appear that two holes have been enlarged a little.

So you can negotiate, Scott. :eek:)

S

Scott Whatmore

Damaged you say? Mmm, not sure damaged goods will hold the same amount of Marsden luck or blessing and therefore won't attract the same financial interest as before.

However, I am still interested, but with fairness in mind and to give all the other bidders a chance. Would you consider listing this 2nd one-of-a-kind item on Ebay? Offered with notes of provenance and pictures of the Great Marsden in action of course! (only fishing action please, I heard about the caption thread) :eek:{

This would be fair to those interested and perhaps raise awareness of the ACA a tad more.

S

Steve King

Damaged Scott? - no this is an authenticated modification: it all adds to the value!! I reckon the other feeder is worth at least 25p more than the one I bought because it has been modified by the bream master himself!!

This auction has been a great crack in support of a good cause and unsuccessful bidders should get their chequebooks at the ready

Mark Lloyd 3

Reaction score
I was delighted to receive today a cheque for ?35.02 from the proceeds of this sale.
Thank you everyone for your interest in this item, and to those of you who have signed up to the ACA at www.a-c-a.org as a result. Congratulations to Steve for his successful bid for this treasured piece of tackle.
Many thanks to Woody for this idea. Perhaps we should open a dedicated auction site on e-bay for valuable items like this?
Best wishes to all and thanks again,
Mark

Mark Lloyd
Executive Director, ACA

Kevin Perkins

Reaction score
Mark

I've floated the idea of gifting 'orphan' tackle to the ACA in my article this week:
<a href='http://
http://www.fishingmagic.com/news/article/mps/UAN/4536/v/1/sp/' target='_blank'>
http://www.fishingmagic.com/news/article/mps/UAN/4536/v/1/sp/</a> It just needs 'someone' to look at the logistics of operating it - probably a large shove will get the ball rolling, any ideas?