Hello Peeps

Reaction score
Simon, welcome to FishingMagic . . . . . .

Are you from the posh side of Sheffield or the Rotherham side?

Hi mate, I'm from Totley so that makes me from the posh side I think, although I did spend my first two years, as a baby, on the , and survived lol!

---------- Post added at 20:06 ---------- Previous post was at 20:02 ----------

Greetings Simon, it's strange, I feel I know you already:)

Cheers mate, I'm affable, amiable, and other things beginning with A (including a good laugh), so I'm not surprised I've already made an impression on you.

---------- Post added at 20:09 ---------- Previous post was at 20:06 ----------

Simon,

''Lack of venues in and around Sheffield''. If we go back as little as twenty years, Sheffield area fishing was superb.
Take for example, Dam Flask, pike to over thirty five pounds, bream topping nine pounds, perch over four pounds, roach over two pounds.

Underbank reservoir produced quality roach for many years, including a number of two pound fish.
Ecclesfield pond, grand roach, tench, and carp.
Ulley reservoir, pike, roach and bream.
Chesterfield canal, chub, pike and roach.
That's without including running water, river's Idle, Trent etc. :D

Only ever fished Underbank out of that lot tbh. Had some nice roach and pike though

---------- Post added at 20:20 ---------- Previous post was at 20:09 ----------

Anyway, fished my first club match of the season last week and missed out on framing by just a couple of pounds. Ended up with just under 15lbs at our club water, a 26 peg lake.

Fished the pole at 13 metres with micros and pellets for skimmers but it was very slow going, there was a bitterly cold wind, and I was mainly catching small roach. My inside lines were doing nothing, so decided to cut out the micros and pellets at 13 metres, feeding hemp and casters instead, hoping to find the bigger roach if that was all that was feeding.

It worked a treat and I was soon catching roach to about half a pound, plus bigger skimmers who obviously didn't fancy the pellet approach on the day. The action only really picked up in the last hour and a half, and I could have done with the match finishing another hour later.

I felt I got my feeding right on the day, feeding little and often, and not overdoing the feed, to keep the fish coming. What usually wins these matches is 15-20lbs of silvers plus a few bonus tench, bream, or carp. I failed to attach myself to any of these today, but the winner did, and that was the difference.

Tight lines!

red creel

Reaction score
Hello Simon welcome to FM hope you enjoy your time on the site.Good bio/intro in your first post..nice one.