Hi-tec v classic!

mark brailsford 2

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Still have my Solway waxed coat, bought for £32 when i was 17 with my hard earned paper round money. Now use a gortext jacket, great pockets and no need for a tackle bag when roaming and trotting.

Don't know why they stopped producing the solway, best wildfowling jacket ever made!

Mark

bankside

Reaction score
I have mentioned carters customer service on here before!
Last year I was after a new chair and I was shown a chair that the sales guy bought up from the basement, it was in a right state! The thing was covered in scratches and filth, when I bought this to the guys attention he just said that it is going to get like this when you use it anyway! You can guess that I have not been near the shop since!
By the way, I looked at their Barbour selection and it looks like they don't sell much as most of the stuff is not even made anymore!

Mark

---------- Post added at 05:39 ---------- Previous post was at 05:28 ----------

Thats a classic Mark and it does'nt surprise me at all.
The guy said to me 'they don't stay waterproof forever'
I said I've only worn them once.....:mad:

mark brailsford 2

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Thats a classic Mark and it does'nt surprise me at all.
The guy said to me 'they don't stay waterproof forever'
I said I've only worn them once.....:mad:

Carters seems to have gone the same way as Bennetts of Sheffield went, as soon as the king pin passes the business on to his next of kin/business partner customer service seem to go out the window!

PS: Most sales staff to day really don't give a dam, or worse, they think we are all as thick as pig muck!!!

Mark