Hidden FM members

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

I know mate, you came close, we did discuss at length!

;o)

J

jason fisher

some of what i said came from experience but some came from conversations with other people, the problem being the worst stuff i put came from conversations with other people, so i shouldn't have put it should i, i realised this and that's why i appologised.
I have learned my lesson and won't do it again.

W

Wolfman Woody

It's heresay, Jason. Gossip, the worst sort. It's how names and characters get assassinated, the pen (or keys) being mightier than the sword. If someone tells you something confidentially, keep it that way. True or not, you don't know.

There's a lot of stories I have heard about some famous anglers, but I would never repeat them because they are heresay. Strangely, I still respect those anglers as well. I take people as I find them and don't rely on others to guide me.

B

Big Rik

I've been told some absolutely corking lies which started as rumours and then increased with Chinese whispers.
The thing is, these were told to me, about me, by somebody who didn't even know me.

Fantastic.

The fishing grapevine is worse than any soap opera.

J

jason fisher

i take it i'm in for a severe chastising and chastening from you lot now then?
not to mention piff taking.

Baz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
It's good to see their faces change though Rik, when you tell them who you are.
Or do you keep quite and laughingly let them carry on? as long as they aren't seriouse.

B

Big Rik

no, just let then hang themselves...quite amusing really.
Some of the strokes I've pulled on a local club lake is quite amazing, apparently.

Some of them are too ridiculous to contemplate, it's the ones I've gotten away with, that nobody knows about which are the real gems.

W

Wolfman Woody

"The fishing grapevine is worse than any soap opera."

You know why Rik? Because for some strange reason many people (anglers are typical here) WANT to believe it. Not just about you, anyone. They want dirt on people that they can spread around and if you give them dirt, they'll spread it.

That's why what another guy said on another thread is absolutely true, we are too quick to snipe at one another.

Baz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Strange that Jeff, as it was the favourite phrase of the biggest s..t stirrer in my club a couple of years ago, (I've got some s..t on him)

Iceman

Reaction score
I thought when I registered you used a nickname ,all my details are real ,only thing I've done is remove my location ,though I've posted it a couple of times Doh !!!!

The nickname is from the other sport I'm involved with.

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

Nicely put Jeff.

Rik, your bang on mate

"Some of them are too ridiculous to contemplate"

I cant be bothered with it all, to many ****ers around nowadays. I just crack on and enjoy it, even though i cant fish certain waters i would love too because some utter drivel and total pony people like to put around.

They belong in the gutter on a day is pissing it down.

B

Barry Gausden

I thought I would go and check my details and found that there were some blanks[not my fault when the site first started up it wouldnt accept that I was in NZ]It might be a good idea for others to check and update.

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
As I said in the first place, there is nothing at all wrong with using a nickname, but it's much better when you can click on the name and find some genuine details about that person using the nickname.

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
People always like to rubbish anybody that does better than them. I dare say the tales about Rik were that he was only catching because he was using illegal methords and baits. It's esier to rubbish people than put the effort in to learn and be as succesful.
As jeff says ignore gossip and take everybody at face value. If they are scum they will soon show there true face.