hooklink braid

B

BAZ (Angel of the North) aka Fester

Thanks for the advice again. It's a good pointer on clean gravel.

B

Big Rik

depends how sparse the weed growth is Baz.

and depends on the bait and how and what you're feeding.

B

Budgie Burgess

Big Rik E-mail member
Posted: 23/04/06 10:18:00 AM
start to pull the weave apart.

(who remembers untwisted silkworm and the problems with that??)

You on about Krystons fist ever product Rik,the origonal multi strand?

Loved the idea behind the coated braids and the ease of tying "combi rigs" but never really liked the materials.Always thought they were a bit "heavy" and obvious.
Recently found a new hook length material that does the same job but in reverse! Stuffs called Hydro Link and instead of stripping off an outer coating you remove a stiff inner! Must stress that I havnt actually used it yet but have tied up a few rigs ready.Seems good but best reserve judgement till Ive caught a few on it.Will post a link to a thread on AN which gives some pictures/information on the stuff.Might find it interesting.

B

BAZ (Angel of the North) aka Fester

After sitting with one of the top carp lads yesterday, he also recomends the kryston stable, mantis in particular. One which he shown me was the green type which will suit the bottom of the lake that I am fishing.

Appart from Kryston, the only other braid he uses is (Bullit) by Nash I think, but only for hooklinks.

F

Frothey

i'm still using multistrand!

have to use hand lotion though...to keep the hands soft ;)

B

Budgie Burgess

It never really took of as much as was expected though did it Frothey? I had no problem using it once I got some of their "No Tangle" liquid.

F

Frothey

....or dunked the hooklink in the water.

the only prob i have with it is weed etc getting tangled in it, or small stuff rolling it around and balling it up (there are ways around it though)

but then that was before dynamite sticks and pva bags....how many others are using ultra supple hooklengths these days?