Hot Hemp

Colin Smith

Reaction score
yes but a carp that sees a familiar shape, but with a different flavour can be an attractor, and needs investigation.

I think that an attractor (such as chilli for example) to a bait (such as hemp) that a lot of anglers use plain can make all the difference.

keep em coming tho..... ;)

C

Cakey

sorry mate but I dont think shape makes a difference at all
99% of boilies are round because of casting further and freebies go out better
I just dont believe mr carp knows the shape of a banana !

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
Not a concusion they came to on the new Korda DVD. The carp were ignoring the bollies until they put chopped baits in.

C

Cakey

they have just learnt that boilies mean danger ,in a year they wont go near chopped baits !

Colin Smith

Reaction score
but that does seem the case that the carp do get wary of round-shaped baits like boilies.

W

Wolfman Woody

Throws cat amongst pigeons again -

I like those dumbell shaped boilies. Not sure that carp do though.

F

Frothey

if the fish were wary of round baits, they's never eat any! how many baits do fish pick up and eat compared with the odd one or two with a hook in?

how does a fish know a bait is round/square/whatever

size is more important.

single bait fishing should be banned.....

Colin Smith

Reaction score
but its the difference between catching them quicker and maybe in some cases not at all. at the end of the day, it all boils down to confidence and your own discoveries/beliefs.

Foxy

Reaction score
Colins hit the nail on the head. Its all about what yopu feel confident in. I fish a very pressured "hard" water, they see mountains of boilies but hardly any good uns get caught. An d when they do, its nearly always on normal round boilies.....