How big is this carp....

bennygesserit

Reaction score
Benny, I'm really looking forward to viewing your next pics as I'm sure you'll focus (pardon the pun} on potential viewing iffys.;)
Jerrry
thumb.gif

worse my kids call me Telly head as its always in the way of the Telly , so I was lying , with my giant thumbs and giant head the carp in my pic is 30 plus.

waggy

Reaction score
I make it c. 36 fingers width long, which is, I reckon, c. 27" long. Girth uncertain so no guess at the weight.

chav professor

Reaction score
Thats quite interesting....... some are guessing at a weight simply 'that the fish looks'..... others are guessing at a weight that they think it could of been taking all the factors and adding them together to inform their decision.

I like the 'brickies' fingers comment...... we have always said that anglers with small hands, even modest sized fish look massive in comparison with normal or big hands. Same with big guys, sometimes it obvious other-times not!

Trust me, the object is not to make anyone look silly..... when myself and a very experienced specimen angler (who took the photo) looked at it....... we were pretty surprised.

luckypunk.jpg

Are you feeling lucky 'Punk'........Know what ya' gotta ask ya' self... is this..... would Chavvy take a picture of a 6lb carp or a 26lb carp.... well would I???

andreagrispi

Reaction score
I'd say 6lb 13oz, distorted because you are holding it out towards the camera.

chav professor

Reaction score
I'd say 6lb 13oz, distorted because you are holding it out towards the camera.

I'll quote my style of pose, used sucessfully for a many years and accounted for a front cover and inside Anglers Mails quite a few times now.....

I quote: little tip to all you budding trophy taking fisherman..... decide on a pose and settle on it! I squat down, rest my elbows on my knees for support have my arms almost parallel to the ground. It is almost an instinct to have the fish tilting back towards the body.... in the case of a lively fish, most anglers feel they can at least catch it if it flips. I tend to find if held confidently, fish are happiest held upright, so accounting for this I try and overcome my fears and tilt the fish forward slightly..... they sit quite content long enough for a few snaps!

If you use the same pose each time, it creates a proportionality to all your future snaps and they will look like the stated size as you expect to visualize them in a photograph.
-------

well thats the plan, anyway!!!