how boring

nicky

Reaction score
my water isn't a commercial and is run as a club with all profits going back into the club as far as i'm aware, but they have released over a 1000 carp this year, i think i prefered it when it was more difficult, then again i probably would have complained if they didn't stock it.

I just wished they could have re-stocked with a variety of fish and maybe used some money for landscaping, as there aren't many features on certain parts.

P

Paul (Brummie) Williams

1000 carp....thats a lot of fish! how big is the water?

B

Bob "chubber"Lancaster (ACA)

yes such a pity this world has gone carp crazy.no such fish as roach dace bream tench and chub anymore just carp carp carp. what a sad world we live in

B

Bob "chubber"Lancaster (ACA)

its fair to say that carp anglers do what they do because they enjoy it fair enough. but in my area there are only rivers no canals so in the closed season i am stuffed. if i want to fish i have to go to a lake or pond and all they cater for is carp so why cant a few of these cater for us a bit more instead of just ruddy carp just a few carp free lakes would be ok and they would still earn money so come on you lake owners free up some water for us poor souls.tight lines all

Reaction score
Comments like yours make me feel very fortunate. My club has a wide range of still waters, some of which have plenty of pasty sized carp but others where there is a true mixed fishery.

Reading the press there seem to be an increasing number of commercial fisheries which are introducing "silver fish" lakes and ponds.

nicky

Reaction score
Just had a look on the fishing wales website and it sais it's 25 acres, not sure if thats correct but it is fairly large, It's made up of three separate areas which are all joined together.

Luckily they have not stocked the front cut which although is joined the fish cant get down through the sluise, good tench fishing and if you can get into them good bream fishing also, a few of the carp have got in there, they have been put in there by frustrated specimen carp anglers who are fed up of them picking up there baits and have tried relocating them, fighting a loosing battle if you ask me, whilst I dont condone this as it is against club rules 1 or 2 in the front is ok with me as i suppose it makes things a bit more interesting as long as it doesn't get silly