How did everyone get on then?

chub_on_the_block

Reaction score
Had my first ever trip to Royalty earlier in the week, and blanked in some style with no bites or signs of fish at all, going out with meat and a heavy lead in a rising river.

Back on my local Cam this afternoon for a few hours on the stick for about 7Ib of roach to 6oz or so and dace to about 7oz, 5 gudgeon and an 8oz perch - i think i had 15 fish from the first 20 casts, so it was complete opposite of earlier in the week when i couldnt scratch a bite never mind a fish.

---------- Post added at 18:09 ---------- Previous post was at 18:06 ----------

A little shy of 1lb, my initial thoughts were F1 mutant but any clues as to what this might be?

Looks like a brown goldfish to me - the fish's back was possibly damaged while it was still very small to get a two-part dorsal like that.

sam vimes

Reaction score
Last post before the new week thread starts.
Grabbed an hour or two somewhere I haven't fished or seen since my early teens. It was pretty slow going. Hooked something that moved slowly downstream until the hook pulled, it might well have been a dirty great branch. It certainly makes me happier to think that rather than it being a dirty great fish.

A little later I did hook a proper fish. Damned good fun on light gear.
408022039.jpg

I'd love to say it was a pound, or more. Unfortunately, it was 15 ounces.
Lost another fish after another half hour or so. I didn't get to see it but it was certainly fighting like a grayling. With no further indications for the next thirty to forty minutes, I called it quits.

bennygesserit

Reaction score
I must say i haven't fished for ages but I really enjoyed every post on this thread