How did you get on?

no-one in particular

Reaction score
When you think you know a thing or two you find out you know nothing. Perfect conditions tides etc. and not a bite. I started at low tide to fish it up, a bit of stir in the sea and color and a W wind. Only me and one other bloke fishing and he didn't have a snitch either. We were both using lug and squid and we both noticed the squid being eaten so, we reckoned crabs. I might have had something to be honest if I had waited for the high water but, I packed up after a couple of hours, that wind was damn chilly and it wasn't very pleasant without any bites to keep me interested. I am sure I have the angers curse on me at present, all new gear as well, rod reel, weights hooks the lot and the ruck/chair. This turned out to be ideal, just the job, easy to carry as well on the back, no strain even with my quite heavy gear, weights etc.; the one good thing taken from the day; I think this will get a lot of use. And thanks to the member who kindly sent me some weight clips, started using them and just the job.

seatrod2.JPG

Last edited:

Reaction score
I sat on the club lake ive been tench fishing on,the weather was pants,the tench didnt like my banquet,so I sat blanking watching a grass carp laying on top of a bed of weed,ripping lumps off and munching it,must have happened near twenty times,first time I've ever seen one eat anything on the water,most intriguing....

seth49

Reaction score
A better day for once, started with a zig rig for a change on the sleeper rod, thinking the carp might be shallow now it’s warmed up a bit, and fished my float rod and pin with a pole rig in the margins with sweet corn over a few 2 mm pellets.

Never caught carp here on sweet corn before, but had a nice common of 10 lb 4 ozs soon after starting, and then another of 15 lb 2 ozs a bit later, this one gave me a very good fight on the float rod, just kept deep and took a while to bring too the net.

Then a bit of a mixed bag, had skimmers, a crucian, and a tench, also lost a couple of carp but I think they were foul hooked, the zig rig did nothing,so I brought that in at three pm, and changed to fishing a mussel on the bottom, had two more carp on this one, both mirrors one about 5 lbs and one just over 8 lbs.

So four carp for around 37 lbs total, plus the silvers, it was very pleasant in the afternoon sunshine, nice and warm for a change enjoyed it.
0D98B9A5-87E3-4077-8239-CC5D177D6B18.jpeg
C309EDC9-AF04-472C-B8A9-5B99A48CC307.jpeg
B3E31861-CA96-44C2-988A-9A8C6122B3E3.jpeg

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
11 codgers fished the GUC near Hemel yesterday, a pleasant day for the most part but the fishing itself was dire. 7 blanked and 4 caught. I even resorted to trying to catch bleak which normally on a sunny day make maggot fishing a chore, despite fishing 1ft deep with a slow sinking rig I only managed one solitary bleak, even they weren’t interested in bait.
We are all still baffled as to why a normally productive pound was so dead?
Winner had one 5lb bream which took double pinkie on the drop. Follow up weights were 3oz, 2oz and my 4dr!
C2F15962-D20C-49EF-8110-D3CA6F1CC6E9.jpeg
9088764D-2F05-4AC9-A7B7-2D3603EE0A4B.jpeg

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
My better half has had a rough time over the last few months, I often feel a sense of guilt when going fishing, part the reason I've been keeping the sessions short and sweet.

I somewhat foolishly asked if she'd like to accompany me on a beach fishing trip when we finally get some sunshine, her response, "I'd rather watch paint dry". Given recent hints I granted swmbo her wish.......

F05EF95D-151F-472B-8237-7EA0546CFC0C.jpeg

Like the paintwork her mood has noticeably brightened. This should put the brownie points well into excess and normal HDYGO service should resume between the showers and curing paint anytime soon.

john step

Reaction score
On the deep reservoir today. I had one eye on the sky all day as storms were forecast but it was warm and sunny all day.
I like to fish for the carp on the float. I fed the shelf and eventually got some feeding close in.
I used the pin my good lady the sandwich maker bought for my 40th birthday. Yes I can remember that far back.

4 Commons 2x9 and 2x6 ish and 3 chunky f1s which go to about 4lb. I never knew they grey that big until recently.

I know not everyone is a carp fan on here but Thats what is available until the rivers open and they give good account of themselves.

sam vimes

Reaction score
if I did that during soap hour I'd be read about in an obituary column Chris.
Why do you think I included the word "brief"?;):D
I used the pin my good lady the sandwich maker bought for my 40th birthday. Yes I can remember that far back.
When are you going to admit that it's engraved with names and dates?;):p

flightliner

Reaction score
I have several invitations at the moment to fish a few new waters but a long standing day arranged last year could wait no longer.
So, armed with nothing bait wise other than hemp and tares we met up on a commercial fishery some 5 miles from home on the S'yorks/ derbyshire border.
A pretty little lake, call it a commercial really, nicely manicured lawns, nice marginal rushes and a nice 5 foot deep margin.
My friend was after a big perch thst was supposed to live in the pkace but Roach were what i wanted, neglected by most in their pursuit of carp they were possibly there in number.
Fishing up in the water with a 1-5 maxima bottom it wasnt long before I was taking some nice roach that i could see by their sub surface swirls that they were eager for the bait.
Then one of the lakes resident carp decided to join in the fun and led me a merry dance around the lake before finding my landing net, 6, maybe 7 lbs at best it was quickly released for me to carry on taking the roach.
This went on most of the afternoon, lots of missed "hits" but nothing unusual with the tare.
I list count of how many roach I had when I reached 60 but for every one at four ounce there were 3 at 8oz or more, the biggest I weighed at 1-l that had a really big tailfin.
The carp kept butting in thro the day with me connecting with 6 and landing 4, one a clean break and the other by a hookpull.
During the late morning I was distracted by seeing an egyption goose jumping from one car roof to another, mine included— stupid thing— anyway i had to go and ckear it away as I knew it would be keaving scratches on my cars paintwork and the other 5 in the row, tomorrow I need an hour at least with the rubbing compound to get rid of the scratches!
Grrrr!

Attachments

• IMG_20210519_120011.jpg
    IMG_20210519_120011.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 88

Ray Roberts

Reaction score
I have several invitations at the moment to fish a few new waters but a long standing day arranged last year could wait no longer.
So, armed with nothing bait wise other than hemp and tares we met up on a commercial fishery some 5 miles from home on the S'yorks/ derbyshire border.
A pretty little lake, call it a commercial really, nicely manicured lawns, nice marginal rushes and a nice 5 foot deep margin.
My friend was after a big perch thst was supposed to live in the pkace but Roach were what i wanted, neglected by most in their pursuit of carp they were possibly there in number.
Fishing up in the water with a 1-5 maxima bottom it wasnt long before I was taking some nice roach that i could see by their sub surface swirls that they were eager for the bait.
Then one of the lakes resident carp decided to join in the fun and led me a merry dance around the lake before finding my landing net, 6, maybe 7 lbs at best it was quickly released for me to carry on taking the roach.
This went on most of the afternoon, lots of missed "hits" but nothing unusual with the tare.
I list count of how many roach I had when I reached 60 but for every one at four ounce there were 3 at 8oz or more, the biggest I weighed at 1-l that had a really big tailfin.
The carp kept butting in thro the day with me connecting with 6 and landing 4, one a clean break and the other by a hookpull.
During the late morning I was distracted by seeing an egyption goose jumping from one car roof to another, mine included— stupid thing— anyway i had to go and ckear it away as I knew it would be keaving scratches on my cars paintwork and the other 5 in the row, tomorrow I need an hour at least with the rubbing compound to get rid of the scratches!
Grrrr!

Bloody Egyptian geese, coming over here, blah, blah, blah, lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk