How Good Are HANDING Rods? (With Shimano Reels)

Scuba Chris

Reaction score
I've Been Using 3 Handing Rods For Almost 1/2 a Year w/no Issues!

I've received 2 Magic "L" rods at 8ft & a Magic Shadow at 8'6". I didn't receive them free as first offered but paid for them by my own decision even though Handing wanted to work w/me from a year ago. I gave my honest opinion on their performance & how they look. At first they were a steal until they realized they could increase their MSRP on certain items. But it worked for the company and their new prices are still fair compared to most.

The rods obviously seem to be quality built for a modest price. Quite a few of my followers are beginning to see why i chose to purchase them now. I've released maybe half the video reviews on these rods & not much on the reels yet. Just spacing them out as i'm not under contract to follow anyones rules.

So to let everyone know yes, these are good rods. I've only used the largest sizes of their most popular sellers. Might do more reviews on Handing products in the near future but looking at other releases at the moment as well. Nowadays i'm picking & choosing my projects.

Also i'd like to say the Catana & Nexave 3K spinners are amazingly top notch for the price! I actually like them. I knew the Nasci 4K was going to be a winner as i already owned a few before being approached by other companies years ago.

Attachments

• Cover-How Good Are Handing Rods.jpg
    Cover-How Good Are Handing Rods.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 10

@Clive

Reaction score
Why do you keep plugging stuff on here that a) isn't available in the UK and b) is only being plugged for your financial gain?

In the last week or so you have plugged at least three reels and now you are trying to sell rods. You can't be using this stuff for more than a photo shoot because you will be plugging something else tomorrow. So your opinion is worthless. No better than an unboxing review.

Scuba Chris

Reaction score
How do i know what's available anywhere in the World? Do you? And i've had these rods months ago from Amazon as the company has been around for over a year. If you bought one only Amazon & the Chinese company makes a sale. I've no idea where else sales them except a angler in TX told me he tried the Bass 6'7" model from a local dealer. There ARE others here that aren't in the UK. Clive. One actually visited me here when he took his family on vacation. But if you think this group revolves just around you then i feel sorry for you.

@Clive

Reaction score
How can you possibly give an honest review of the vast number of items that pass through your hands? You cannot be using them for much more than a few hours. And if you took the time to actually read and participate in this forum instead of just logging on to paste another advert you would see how irrelevant these products are to forum members. There is only one who regularly fishes in salt water and he is in Scotland. Not exaactly the Pacific.

When did you last read or contribute to a discussion that was on a thread that you hadn't started? When have you started a thread that was not about recommending products?

Its a forum. You are abusing it by placing free adverts for your own gain.

no-one in particular

Reaction score
I sea fish as well as coarse fish, sometimes I post my sea fishing exploits, not last year as I only went about 3 times and didnt catch much but some years I sea fish a lot more than that. There were more sea anglers on here once that do not post anymore but that is not to say new ones will not come along, it is not a banned subject and my occasional sea fishing posts were well enough liked. I sometimes read Scuba's posts if they catch my eye, occasionally there are a few tips on there, depends on the subject, I doubt I would ever buy any of the products though, but at least he always posts, bit of the furniture to me, I would miss his posts if they weren't there even though I only read the occasional one. As to advertising on here, is not that up to the moderators/owners if they deem it is against the rules or inappropriate. As he has been posting for about 6 years (I thought it was longer than that) and no one has complained before, isn't it bit late to start now!
For my own two penneth worth, it doesn't bother me and the forum is hardly bristling with posts. new members are not hanging around for long, maybe keeping the ones we have is not a bad idea albeit they might not suit everyone.

Last edited:

mikench

Reaction score
I agree Mark. I quite enjoy the posts by Scuba Chris and am unconcerned by his affinity with Okuma and others. 90% of the gear he uses/posts about is unavailable here. I rarely sea fish except when in France and don’t do a lot of long trotting but i do have rods and pins suitable for the task and do it occasionally. I rarely post about my mundane successes as I don’t take pics of my locations as I know from a few posters and ex posters on here that they can reveal locations. One of my clubs requests the same discretion. Some think that one shouldn’t post about techniques which do not feature much on the HDYGO . I also enjoy seeing Hawai and where he fishes. We need all the posts we can get from everybody and made without sniping , belittling and sarcasm.

Last edited:

@Clive

Reaction score
The posts that he makes on here are also copy / pasted onto other forums. He's basically a spammer.

Scuba Chris

Reaction score
I'm based in Hawaii in a beautiful tropical island. We do have fresh water fishing but it's in a area thats hard to fish from shore. When i travel i do fish but haven't gone anywhere for 5yrs now. I'm on Oahu. The premiere trout fishing is on Kauai at Kokee for those that are interested. Not free, have to get a fresh water permit from DLNR (even us locals). Cheap but you can do it online. I'm into education as i was a teacher before at UH Manoa teaching teachers Marine Biology. That is why i spend my own money to purchase my own items to do my videos nowadays. I purchase mostly from Amazon but on eBay if i can get the warranty. I just purchased my first Daiwa reel in awhile that i won on auction. What i found is most companies offer the same features but call that technology theirs under different names. Took me 1 night studying Daiwa to realize they're an exact duplicate of Shimano.

The differences? Daiwa reels tend to be stockier (rounded) while Shimano is more elongated. They do share 1 thing. A high MSRP. But i found most high end companies have been trickling down some of their high end features into lower priced units that i call "Sub $100" class reels. In fact a NEW reel company just started today. Seviinreels. Looks promising online.