How long have you

• Thread starter Ron Troversial Clay
  • Start date
D

Dave Rothery

i am not a number, i am a free man

who is number 1?

aaaaargh here come some giant balloons.....

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

Great series ---and all filmed at Port Meirion

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

ohhhhh CULT .....sorry I mis-read it ....

L

Les Clark

Eddie,a small part of it was filmed at whitstable habour on the south east coast,(a peace of useless infomation).

D

Dave Rothery

vincent price had a flat at whitstable,(a piece of useless infomation).

C

Cakey

Alex move from whitstable to herne bay.........even more useless

L

Les Clark

Dave,are you getting you actor`s mixed up?
Peter Cushing had a house in Whitstable.

C

Cakey

You must of signed up at the same time as me Budgie (4/5 years ago)

D

Dave Rothery

yep les, knew it was one of those two. kept wanting to say christopher lee!

M

Malcolm Bason

I'm no: 3338 - thing I first began posting a couple of years back???

Personally, I think the forum side of the site has changed quite a bit during this time! Not necessarily for the better!

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
The first membership number is 37 which is one our technical staff who now lives in Australia (yep, the wonders of the internet make it so that you can work for Magicalia from anywhere in the world ? even Stoke). Numbers before that were temporary as the site was built and tested.

38 to 43 are some of our tech people and management as the site neared completion.

Then came me at Membership number 44 and the date was January 2000, although I started work for the company before that date.

Membership numbers then skipped the 100s and 200s and started again in the 300s as I worked with the rest of the team to get the site up and running.

The first name I recognise is Dave Godwin, MN 377. Dave?s a sea angler and still occasionally visits the site. Then my mate Dave Colclough at 378. Then other friends like Eddie Bibby, Dave Johnson, the Lurking Joker (remember him?) Dave Dowding, Jim Gibbinson?s son Peter, Richard Drayson and Dave Cooper.

Then it was into the 400s with Cakey, who joined on 23 February 2000, Dave Preston, Gary Knowles and Stuart Bullard.

Apologies to anyone I?ve left out, but it?s hard to keep track as some members change email addresses and rejoin with their new address.

Who?s made the most visits?

Here?s the top 20 list with the number of visits made (Robin Tapp is the FM technician who lives in Australia):

1. Robin Tapp 18425
2. Graham Marsden 10720
3. Carp Angler 6559
4. Tim Kelly 6040
5. Ron Troversial Clay 6030
6. Eddie Bibby 5156
7. Chris Bishop 5049
8. Gerry Castles 4652
9. Birds Nest 4365
10. Paul Williams 4301
11. Malcolm Bason 4220
12. Dave Rothery 3502
13. Dave Johnson 3423
14. Warren Gaunt 3175
15. ysss zdfddd 3093
16. Rodney Wrestt 3072
17. CAKEY ........3037
18. Dave O'L 2953
19. Fred Bonney 2883
20. Dave Cooper 2881

I?ve used the names exactly as they appear in our records, and just in case you?re wondering, ysss zdfddd is Stewart Bloor (Sedge).

Don?t forget that these figures will only apply to visits made through the one primary email address/membership. Some members have a second email address/membership (at work for instance).

Just for fun more than anything I?ll run this every year and give an FM cap and some line to the member (other than me and other FM staff) who has made the most visits.

So, Carp Angler (Rik) an FM cap (to go with the one you?ve already got!) will be on its way. Let me know first what bs line you want.

Happy New Year all!

R

Ron Troversial Clay

Graham, I am staggered at that number from myself.

For the first 21/2 years or so my email address was work based. Does that take into account the posts I made during that period?

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
That's your visits in total Ron because you changed your email address in your existing membership rather than rejoin with your new email address.

Other than 5 visits you made from a Hotmail account.