How Much?!

Michael Townsend 3

Reaction score
If you don't want people fishing opposite your house you don't buy one opposite potentially the best river roach peg in England.

Claudia Crowther

Reaction score
I agree......although I must admit, if that was my house and I had someone like me with no casting skills fishing opposite my house...I'd be a wee bit worried too lol....imagine sitting at your dinner table and next think you got a 1oz led or a waggler coming through your window lol/forum/smilies/confused_smiley.gif

But as I said, wait until I win the lottery/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif, I'll let you fish right out of my back garden, with refreshment served right to your swim/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

Michael Townsend 3

Reaction score
Cheers Claudia.

I hope none of the other peasants that dwell on this site will not be able to disturb my swim?

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
Serious question!

I first fished this area about 30-40 years ago(!) and it was good for big roach then (in the right conditions). Once winter had set in, along with the Britford "Navigation", it was a regular haunt for us heathens from Christchurch on the trail of big roach. Occassionally they used to oblige.

And yet it still has the capacity to produce those big redfins so many years later?? Somethings don't change too much.

Claudia Crowther

Reaction score
Michael,

No, I can only manage one at the time

Angler guest that is (you dirty minded so and sos lol)

Neil,

I can't wait for a few more frosts, to try my luck for those big ones/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif, never had a roach over 12oz yet/forum/smilies/embarassed_smiley.gif

P

Paul (Brummie) Williams

OK my lickle Liebframilch......i understand, you don't want an invasion................it would be bath towels over the fishing chairs at dawn in the best swims /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Claudia Crowther

Reaction score
You gone bonker Yam Yam???? I scare myself enough by looking in the mirrior, could you imagine what a devistating effect that would have on the fish population?!/forum/smilies/surprised_smiley.gif

Michael Townsend 3

Reaction score
The Germans will claim the best swims then!

Get your lucky numbers on that lottery Claudia and I'm sure you'll get that big roach soon.

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
Mike must have put several towels out on several swims.

This one was 2.5lb:
MTRoach.jpg

Claudia Crowther

Reaction score
The Germans will claim the best swims then!....oic that's what he meant/forum/smilies/embarassed_smiley.gif...I thought he was talking about skinny dipping at dawn/forum/smilies/embarassed_smiley.gif......can't even say I had a blonde moment, with all the greys I have/forum/smilies/crying_smiley.gif

Wow that is a cracking roach you caught there/forum/smilies/surprised_smiley.gif..2.5lb? a fish I can only dream off

Michael Townsend 3

Reaction score
Buy the house Claudia and you will catch.

Thanks Neil that catch was made directly opposite the house whilst hiding behind the reeds. (hiding from the fish not the owner!)

Believe it or not the roach were caught on a tiny dibber pole float so's not to spook them.

Mark Wintle

Reaction score
'If you don't want people fishing opposite your house you don't buy one opposite potentially the best river roach peg in England.'

I know of better! That doesn't mean you can get to fish them though. No guarantee of fishing rights with this house either. Quite a few houses back onto Throop beat 3 and have to pay to be able to fish from their gardens.

Michael Townsend 3

Reaction score
Crikey fancy having to pay to fish from your own garden! A bit of night fishing would be in order if it was me.

Incidentally the river keeper told me that the hole in the weed I was fishing into (opposite the house) was specially cut to allow under water filming of big roach for the forthcoming Catching The Impossible program made by Hugh Miles.

Liam Rother

Reaction score
The yew trees down from the house are where the barbel hold up in this stretch. The roach there are huge, Harnam island for the real big ones. St kitts island holds some cracking grayling well over two pounds, as does the shallows at the bottom of the stretch. Great value fishery, i wouldn't be suprised if it turned syndicate soon.

Michael Townsend 3

Reaction score
Had some big roach and monster dace from the island. It's a lovely place to trot.

The old river is good fun with decent dace and grayling. I can't believe more people don't fish it.

Claudia Crowther

Reaction score
/forum/smilies/surprised_smiley.gifSyndicate???? NOOOOO!!!!!!....sooooo that's where the berties are hiding./forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Not been fishing the stretch for long, so still got a lot of exploring to do.

Where is the 'Harnam island'?....In fact...fancy a fishing session Liam/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif