I am officially gobsmacked at the stupidity!

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I want the Golden Fleece that Jason went and thieved!

I'm plagued with them Harpy things when I get some food!!

B

binka

This one's making me chuckle at the moment, I've been watching it as I'm looking to replace my worn out Barbour jumper which has been my second skin for the last six years.

It's already a few quid over the brand new price when you include p&p and I suspect there will be a final flurry of bids in an hour or two's time when the auction actually ends...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/311976406538?ul_noapp=true

https://www.barbour.com/uk/categories/mens/knitwear/barbour-new-tyne-half-zip-jumper/p/MKN0790OL51L

trotter2

Reaction score
Whilst I tend to agree that it's a bit bonkers, the new fleece is not exactly the same as the second hand one. You can easily tell that from the pictures. Now this doesn't necessarily mean that the buyer isn't a total idiot, but the old one might be worth paying over the odds for. The fact that two bidders thought it worth more than £35 should tell us something.

Shill bidding you will probably find it back on again next week.

Graham Elliott 1

Reaction score
Branded items.

You usually find that when a "new style /updated" item , especially clothing comes on the market, the old style can be picked up for half the price it was before.

I left "on trend" items behind years ago!

steve2

Reaction score
Lets not forget that anything that looks worn out with holes in it is now the height of fashion. There are many of us now out fishing that don’t realise just our much "on trend" they are.

steve2

Reaction score
I was bidding on some lure over the weekend I say was because they are already above the new price. New price plus free postage £7, ebay price now at £9 plus £3 postage still hours to go.

mikench

Reaction score
I have seen so many items from rods to reels and brolly systems that are sold for more than either the new price or the sensible price for a used and often damaged item. To then add insult to injury you are expected to drive to Dorking to collect it!:rolleyes:

People must be mad!

rayner

Reaction score
I may use ebay if my local tackle shop can't get an item I want.
It appears the cheaper internet tackle is not so. Tackle shops are closing just to save a few quid on items that are over priced.
For the prices tackle shops charge you at least get aftersales service and security. Not always the case online.

steve2

Reaction score
Those lures finally sold at nearly twice the price of new ones plus postage. Someone needs to check prices before bidding.

Specihunter

Reaction score
Was looking at 2 greys rods 1 float 1 feeder 80 would be my max as new korum rods are about that price went in the end for 105

steve2

Reaction score
You win some and you lose some. Having lost out recently on some over priced lures I put a bid in on some more. I was expecting the price to go way above what I would pay but I was the only one that bid. Some of the lures alone are worth more nearly as much as I bid. Ebay can be a strange place some days.

terry m

Reaction score
You win some and you lose some. Having lost out recently on some over priced lures I put a bid in on some more. I was expecting the price to go way above what I would pay but I was the only one that bid. Some of the lures alone are worth more nearly as much as I bid. Ebay can be a strange place some days.

This is so true. Sometimes it defies logic.