IDEA...?

R

Rodney Wrestt

I remember Rik doing a thread and testing what could be achieved, he spent a while editing my attempts and was going to do an article when he had worked on it for a while but I don't think it was viable as the average user couldn't use the privelages the mods and adins have.

Rik's Thread

J

john conway

OK lads just have a quick look at how clever our Graham is? Go to the Venues page and look at the River Ribble at my posting of the 4th December and then click on the hyper linked word ?6lb-4oz Chub?. It?s another use we could put the FM Photo Gallery to.
I was not just thinking of loads of pictures of fish but pictures of say some of the rigs and set-ups we use or a picture of the condition of the river. It?s nice to look at other anglers fish but I also like looking at where they fish.
All I?ve got to do now is find where I?ve put my instructions on how to create a hyper link in our threads? Mind you one will have to be careful when cutting and pasting with hyper links.

R

Rodney Wrestt

John,

For posting a link in a new page so the original page stays open as well use this:

"a href="type the link address here" target="_blank">Type what you want the link to apear as in your post here</a"

Replace " at the start with <

and " at the end with >.

hope this works and doesn't just post a dodgy link.

R

Rodney Wrestt

Glad it worked, the address can be typed or cut and pasted from your brouser. Remember not to add any spaces in the above it should be used exactly as it is after you relace the quote marks at the begining and end.

R

Rodney Wrestt

Just noticed at the end of "Type what you want the link to apear as in your post here"

there should be,
1) <
2) /
3) a
4) >

these disapeared from the post, I guess they are regarded as code even if the link is incomplete, type these symbols (without the numbers and brackets next to each other without any spaces.

J

john conway

OK first try?

Brief description of the session & remarks:...Very pleasant session had the river all to my self, I?d decided not to go the Barbel bash in Preston preferring to fish instead.
Two of the fish came to touch legering
the other three to grabbing the rod before it went into the river. Loads of the usual Chub knocks and bangs but this session I didn?t bounce any fish both rods on mono instead of braid. The badgers seemed very active in the woods around me crashing and banging about, well that?s what I convinced myself the noise was!

J

john conway

Third go without opening a new page: -

Brief description of the session & remarks:...Very pleasant session had the river all to my self, I?d decided not to go the Barbel bash in Preston preferring to fish instead.
Two of the fish came to <a href=http://www.fishingmagic.com/gallery/image.asp?sp=&v=3&uabn=30&Position==8&uin==95>touch legering</a>
the other three to grabbing the rod before it went into the river. Loads of the usual Chub knocks and bangs but this session I didn?t bounce any fish both rods on mono instead of braid. The badgers seemed very active in the woods around me crashing and banging about, well that?s what I convinced myself the noise was!

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
John, your first effort was best. Leave out the "". You don't need them, and there should be a space in ahref (a href).

Have another go.

I'll check back in a bit.

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
John, all I did with your third effort was to take out the "". Otherwise it was spot on.

J

john conway

Whats going on here my first go didn't work? and now it does? and my second post is missing?

J

john conway

Here we go again without the """"

Two of the fish came to <a href=http://www.fishingmagic.com/gallery/image.asp?sp=&v=3&uabn=30&Position==8&uin==95>touch legering</a>

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
It worked!

Always refresh the page when you've sent a message with a link.

Now try one with target=blank, which should be 'space' target=blank 'symbol' 'name of link' closing /a

J

john conway

OK one with a new page

Two of the fish came to touch legering

J

john conway

Ok so that now seems to work, thanks Graham. I forgot about refreshing my page we have the same problem at work with hyperlinks in Lotus Notes. The hyperlink doesn't work until after you've sent your email then when you review what you've sent the hyperlink is then active.

J

john conway

BTW lads if you woundering whats going on it's just me geting a lesson on hyperlinks from Graham, I was going to say "just me playing with Graham" but you lot would have had a field day with that<g>