If you owned a commercial fishery.....

stillwater blue

Reaction score
Match lake, I would follow the trend and have a mixed lake with a good helping of small carp and the odd better one. Flagged swims, gravel path and close by car park. I suppose this would be money spinner lake.

Here comes the non-standard part, I would break away from the traditional heavily stock water that are carp ordinated. The aim would be for beautiful places to fish with quality good sized fish but not bagging waters. All the waters would be heavily landscaped with lillies, reeds, wild flowers and plenty of willows and weeping birch over hanging the lakes. I would charge a slight premium to fish these lakes and limit the number of anglers.

Summer lake, I would stock this with tench, true crucians, and rudd as the main species. I would also stock gudgeon, ruffe and lastly perch for a bit for predation.

Winter lake, I would stock this with roach, bream and perch as the main species. A sprinkling of rudd, tench, silver bream and crucians for a bit of added summer variety.

Float lake, I would stock this with roach, rudd, golden rudd, golden tench, crucians, orfe and perch.

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
Like the idea of a "float lake" with the main species tench & crucian. I'd certainly have no carp anywhere but in a carp lake IF I decided to have one [doubtful] and I would have some zander to satisfy my current mild obsession with the species. A silvers lake too but I'd be very careful about what went in there...no bream for a start.

Rules ?

No bloody searchlight headtorches or Zillion candlepower lamps for a start.
No bait boats.
No spods

Carp lake looking less and less likely !

terry m

Reaction score
No centrepins
No hooks smaller than size 8
Unhooking gravel patch compulsory
Keepnets made of heavily knotted mesh
All fish must be tipped back at thhe end of the day from waist height
All anglers must leave their rubbish behind
Radios only if used on max volume

itsfishingnotcatching

Reaction score
No centrepins
No hooks smaller than size 8
Unhooking gravel patch compulsory
Keepnets made of heavily knotted mesh
All fish must be tipped back at thhe end of the day from waist height
All anglers must leave their rubbish behind
Radios only if used on max volume

Have you already got a fishery just outside Hagley, I'm sure I fished it once:rolleyes:
In addition to the above, the rules included:

Only controller floats to be used, no sinking baits.
No flilter tipped cigarettes, wacky backy only.

terry m

Reaction score
Have you already got a fishery just outside Hagley, I'm sure I fished it once:rolleyes:
In addition to the above, the rules included:

Only controller floats to be used, no sinking baits.
No flilter tipped cigarettes, wacky backy only.

I laughed my socks off at this post - superb!

Not sure where Hagley is, but there may be a franchise chain of commies that follow this business model !