JRC Tackle Website

Frothey

Reaction score
2nd, Always take the product back to the shop you bought it from, the shop may not be able to replace it there and then, that is unless the company tells the shop to replace it there and then.

your contract is with the shop, not the supplier. if it isn't fit for purpose then they have the option to replace or repair in a reasonable time. once that reasonable time has passed, you are entitled to a replacement/refund.

so many tackle shops seem to think the consumer credit act doesn't somehow apply to them - or don't actually know there is one!

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
Frothy,

The reason I said the shop may not be able to replace it, is they may not have that item in stock. Many companies want to repair rather than replace an item, nothing wrong with that.

Just make sure you get a receipt with the shops name on it, they can't turn round then and say you didn't buy it from them.

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
I thought maybe the chair had unexpectedly collapsed and trapped your finger and it was congealed claret..........

Or worse;)

Frothey

Reaction score
Frothy,

The reason I said the shop may not be able to replace it, is they may not have that item in stock. Many companies want to repair rather than replace an item, nothing wrong with that.

Just make sure you get a receipt with the shops name on it, they can't turn round then and say you didn't buy it from them.

I was just replying to the bit about waiting for the manufacturer to give the decision - it's not down to them, it's the shop you've bought it from. People often get fobbed off with "we've got to contact the manufacturer"