Killing Creatures

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
Hunters, in the true sense of the word, don't go around shooting animals for the fun of it, they do it for food or clothing. They have respect for the animals they hunt and take only what they need for their families to live on, that is why the animals are here today. Animals hunt and kill for food or if they themselves are attacked, not for pleasure.

The poor creatures that are rare or non existent were hunted for monetary gain and man is the only creature that would do this, some men anyway.

njb51

Reaction score
Foxes kill chicken for fun. They may take one, but the rest will be left for dead.

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
Untrue Johnny, fox's kill what is available and will then keep going back and eating it. We provide a pantry for them to do this so its not surprising they kill the available poultry but don't run away with the idea thats its done through malice, animals don't have those sort of emotions, only humans have malice.

B

BAZ (Angel of the North) aka Fester

fox's kill what is available and will then keep going back and eating it.
only humans have malice.

All my eye and Peggy Martin.

S

Scott Whatmore

Well I live and learn. I'd also thought that foxes killed all the chickens for fun or in a killing frenzy.

'Why do foxes kill all the hens in a roost?
This is a phenomenon called surplus killing. It is a strategy whereby foxes kill excess prey when it is abundant, and then bury (cache) it for use on days when food is short. It is not a "blood lust".'

Makes perfect sense really!

P

paul williams 2

I got out my truck to have a pee in a layby lastnight.......as i admired my multi directional over 50,s spray i noticed one of the showers was splashing a little ant!!

The said little ant was sruggling , but succeeding in carrying a hoverfly four times his own size.....amazing!!!!

AND it saved him from further acid rain, i just couldn't piss on him!

P

paul williams 2

Yep Graham.....a truck ride into deepest darkest Fenland ain't for the faint hearted..........there be monsters!

S

Scott Whatmore

Paul,
you should get one of those wassanames they have on the beer tap at the pub where you can twist it to alter the spray.

a dab of araldite should keep it in place!

P

paul williams 2

LOL Scott.......i have just got to bump into you and the ole man one of these days!

P

paul williams 2

Ed......did you an Graham win those in a fur n feather match?

Or did you hire a General purpose machine gun complete with tracers for the day?

B

BAZ (Angel of the North) aka Fester

Graham.
I was refering to your statement that only humans have malice. Something that you seem to display more frequently than others.
You are also pretty good at being rude and ignorant.

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA-Life Member)

Nice picture Ed.

Nice shotgun GM!

And a nice hare and pheasant.