Korum opportunist X xtnd 10ft

chrisjpainter

Reaction score
Has anyone got one of these? On paper they look like a nice idea. I have a 1 acre lake within walking distance of the house and it'd be great to have a rod that's so collapsible to make the walk down a bit easier. There's nothing bigger than a rumoured 23lb fish in there, and not very snaggy in the open water. At 1 acre and a tethered aerator bisecting it, casting range isn't a big deal either.

If you've got one or used one, any info would be great.

mikench

Reaction score
Sorry cannot help. An ex member bought one but returned it unused as the eyes were not in alignment. When the replacement arrived it was just as bad so he got his money back. He did have exacting standards.😉

In my experience Korum is good gear( chair crossmember notwithstanding) and their rods good value.

chrisjpainter

Reaction score
Thanks @mikench that's useful to know! My first Korum rod was one of their barbel rods, which was pretty soulless and devoid of all feel. But I've recently bought one of their Glide power floats and for the money it's a great little rod. As I'm struggling to find anything in the 10-11ft window that's a 2lb TC, I thought these looked a next best option, without forking out unnecessarily for a custom job. I've got one waiting for me in the tackle shop in Reading for when we head up there at the weekend, so I can get a feel of it then - and will endeavour to check the straightness of the eyes ;)

chrisjpainter

Reaction score
The rings were ramrod straight and it felt light in the hand with some good backbone through its middle section. Curve consistent through the section break and the telescopic join looks well made. Looks a good surface rod, but will have to wait until I'm home to give it a good goin' over