Last Weekend

E

Eric Hayes

I did another short session last night. Two 9lb Barbel and one of about 3lb, also a Chub of about 4ish. The Chub had severe tail damage. This is the second one like that I've caught in the last 4 day both in the same area with similar damage. I'm wondering if they are the victim of the Ribble seals.

Matt Brown

Reaction score
Cheers Christian - I'd rather swap the carp for another of those bream though.

njb51

Reaction score
Thinking of popping out tonight. What do you reckon the Thames will be like?

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

Jonny - you are a wag!

Matt - splendid fish and splendid photos.Welldone.Were they on the self -timer?

Matt Brown

Reaction score
Jason, lovely pike!

Nigel, the photos were taken by my mate Adam Roberts. He's getting pretty good.

captain carrott

Reaction score
it usually goes like that for me, weeks of blanks then a lump, no idea why. cheers chaps.

C

Coops

Just to make Lucky Jeff jealous again......

26 barbel to 10lb 05oz in 4 March sessions off the very swift Kennet. My arm aches....

J

Jeff Spiller

Coops you certainly have, what a top season you had and I hope your arm is aching, you must be be doing something right.
This season has gone so fast for me ( my second ) there is just so much fishing to be done and so little time.
Now I must finish my house as we intend to move very quickly, I have been putting it off because of fishing and telling the Mrs as soon as the close season comes !
Can't wait till the river's open again.
Coop's if you need someone to carry your gear I'm your man, as long as you don't mind me looking over your shoulder for tips on how to do it.

C

Coops

Luck mostly Jeff. Just caught it right mate. Sometimes you blank in August, sometimes you fill yer boots in March. That's why we go fishing, you just never know what the next session will bring. You are welcome to fish with me whenever, it would be a pleasure. Just don't expect to learn much!

Paul Salters

Reaction score
went after the barbel, last day, found nice new venue on trent, still, no luck but a nice 4lb chub, nearly took my rod off its stand , thought, barbel, how wrong, but still a nice fish, the last 2006,chub. Regards Paul

pcpaulh

Reaction score
Do you mean last day as in 14th or you had your last day today?

nicky

Reaction score
13 tench all under 1lb
3 roach 1 over a 1lb
2 red goldfish under 1lb
1 brown goldfish under a 1lb
1 mirror carp under 1lb

and not from a commercial fishery

Dusty

Reaction score
I went fishing with my son on Sunday I tried out my new rod and reel a Shakespeare carbon quiver tip and a shimano 2500 super both very good. If you wanted to cast a long way with very little effort and a small method feeder this set up is good, however you probably wont be able to set the hook very well because the feeder is to light the rod is not really meant for that kind of work nor did I buy it for that I just wanted to try it out.I was fishing about 2 rod lengths out I must admit I had difficulty in casting that short and at the end of the day, myself 1 small carp and a cold, son 5.

J

Jeff Spiller

Can't wait for the season to open again, it seems so far away.
Dusty I have two daughters for my sins, one thinks fishing is wrong and will not come the other humors me, your lucky too have a lad.