Latest News about our Ron

• Thread starter Graham Marsden (ACA)
  • Start date
P

Paul (Brummie) Williams

Tony, sorry to hear about Ron's relapse, and i'm sure all on FM will respect your wishes.

It is difficult to know if Ron would have had the relapse if he had not attended the day but had circumstances been different it would have been me picking him up, we were told he wanted to go and we all thought we were OK in helping him get there.

Michael kindly stepped in at the last moment, and the Doctors have to blame someone mate.

Tell him we are all thinking of him.

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

An afternoon spent with the Monk and his 'Ruffe Slappers' probably didn't help ..........

The Monk

Reaction score
anyway Ron didnt fancy his/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

In all serious though we do need to listem to Tony, Tony has been doing an absolutely marvelous job looking after Ron and we do need to heed his advice of course, this could be a long job with Ron even though Ron may not give any outside appearances of his real health problems. Definatley no more clubing and ruffe slappers for a while!

(and the same goes for Ron)

I

Ian Cloke

I am certain that Ron would have thoroughly enjoyed his day at Johns memorial match, and that it would have done him a power of good, something else I am certain of is that he would have been treat like a celebrity, which is something that can be confirmed by the report written by Monica, he will have been waited on "hand & foot". Sometimes a change of atmosphere is better than any medication, for improving ones health, and Ron certainly looked like he was relishing the day out.

Another thing is that Ron is not a weak minded person, if he does not wish to do something he will tell you. If the doctors think that days out with friends will do Ron harm, then perhaps they should prevent him, or advise him, not to do such things?

G

Graham Marsden (ACA)

Ian has got it absolutely spot-on. None of us should be made to feel guilty about encouraging Ron to have a day away from the nursing home, and Ron would feel hurt if he thought we were being made to feel guilty.

He was looked after very well, and had a great time. All those of us who were there will testify that he went back to the home a much healthier looking and happier man than when he arrived from it. The small relapse he had a day or so later may have been a much more serious one had he not been given a boost on the memorial day.

If it was important that Ron didn't leave the home to spend a day with friends and attend a memorial day for one his oldest friends, then they should have made sure it couldn't happen. Anyway, according to Ron, the home was concerned with him not telling them he was going missing for the day, not the fact that he had a day out. He's a patient, not a prisoner, and all of us are as concerned about his health is anyone.

B

BAZ (Angel of the North)

I'd have you all up on an attempted manslaughter charge.

G

Gary Knowles

I'm sureRon would have enjoyed his day with you all.

Lets hope he's up and about soon...

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

may we never be so free /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

M

MarkTheSpark

Life's for living, perhaps. I'm sure Ron wil make a full recovery, and of course Tony's advice should be heeded, but I'm equally sure that if it were me, I'd swap two years of doing nothing for two weeks of doing something, even if they were the last two weeks of my life.
Life isn't just a beating heart, it's being who you are.

E

Evan NotMightyAtAll

Strokes are like earthquakes, there are often a lot of aftershocks / mini stroke like events and consequences which aren't terribly well understood by medical science*.

Certainly nothing as crude as simply being up and out and about, steps generally recommended as therapeutic.... Pretty sure Marsbar has it right and the improvement in morale is as important to recovery as anything else.

(* I'm not a doc, anything but, but both parents have had strokes and I've read up on it)

W

Wolfman Woody

Graham's comment "he went back to the home a much healthier looking and happier man"

Mark's comment "Life isn't just a beating heart, it's being who you are."

Well, after having a good grope of Claudia I'm sure that did him more good than any medicine and as for being who you are, I always thought he was good groper!

Perhaps that should be his new nickname when he comes back on - UNCLE GROPER!

As for Claudia - Tsk, Tsk. I'm surprised you were smiling. Right lads, the queue forms here!

/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

G

Geoff Cowen

Get well soon Ron! Have a good Christmas and set your self up for some fishing next spring.

B

BAZ (Angel of the North)

Certainly nothing as crude as simply being up and out and about, steps generally recommended as therapeutic.

That is quite rightly so, but more in "smaller" and "gradually" larger doses I would have thought. In the medical proffession, a Mr is regarded as being higher and more knowledgeable than a Doctor. We have no Doctors on this thread, but we have lots of Misters.

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Ron had a lovely time I can assure you, Claudia put a huge smile on his face.

Of course you are right Baz "small steps" but as Ian said, ifRon didn't want to do it or be there, you can bet your socks he would have refused to go out.

Get well soon Ron, I love our little chinwags /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

The Monk

Reaction score
yes, at the end of the day we are all interested in Rons welfare, thats the important thing. The home Ron is in is quite nice, although he told me he does get bored in there and it would be nicer with a river running through the back, a laptop would be useful to him also should anyone have a spare on wireless connection/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

B

Bill Cox

are you really telling me that with all Rons oft talked about wealth the tight git has not got a laptop??/forum/smilies/hot_smiley.gifAny way i don't want him back on until he is back to his biggoted self opinionated best. If he came on now he might feel it nessassery to be nice to us and that would be most unsettling./forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

B

BAZ (Angel of the North)

It must be right if both Mr. Spillers say so.