litter

T

The Monk

Id also post their names on the net, name and shame the dirty bas**rds

Baz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
We are getting there slowly as regards people leaveing litter in there pegs on some waters.
More and more people are collecting their rubbish together, and then leaveing it hanging on tree branches in plastic bags for us to collect. How kind of them.

Baz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I think the phrase 'zero tollerence' still has to be enforced in a lot of places.
The phrase sounds good, but needs supporting.

H

Herr General Swordsy

The season is only days old and already the inbreeds are on the river, leaving litter and destruction in their wake. May the Lord God Jehova cast down a virulent pox upon them and throw their miserable souls into the deepest pits of hades.

Baz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I'm afraid we are fighting a loseing battle
with our current policies on litter louts.

W

Wolfman Woody

Friday night a white Honda F reg car was left in a layby alongside our woods.

Saturday, someone had tried setting fire to it, but having left the windows closed it smothered the fire.

Sunday they'd had another go and this time the entire inside and engine compartment had been burnt out.

This morning there a load of old bed linen and other shite lumped next to it along with two old tyred wheels and loads of cardboard.

All this in a designated AONB (Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty). It will be moved, but it just shows the mentality of some people when they can turn a quite pleasant frontage to beautiful woodland and just a few hours.

J

James Townsend

The main problem as I see it is as mentioned by a number of members already, in that there is no guidance given to kids about taking responsibility for their actions. They (kids that is) all know that they are bullet proof against any action and even revel in the fact that we can?t do anything about it. As these youngsters grow up and breed we have a position where parents don?t give a monkeys either. Some time ago I was walking through my town centre behind a woman and her kid. The child was eating sweets and dropping the papers as he walked along. I caught up with her and let her know what was happening and her response??F*ck off, what?s it got to do with you?? How can you fight that type of thinking? To me it?s indicative of the ?It?s some one else?s problem? nature that seems to be prevalent in society now. Bring on fines/kickings/etc for this type of antisocial behaviour because I?m sick of it!

Baz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
It's just sickening isn't it Woody? And I agree with you to James.
I got abuse from a 14 year old, at the weekend because I told him to pick the meat tin up which I saw him throw down. I'll do it before I leave was what he said to me with a snarl on his face.
All I wanted to do was to throw him through the gates. I can't stand cheeky kids. I later heard that he said he was going to damage my vechil, so I called the old Bill and they went around to his house to see his parents.
I sometimes feel like giveing up.
Zero Tollerence my left tit.

M

madpiker

the muppet patents with the attitude that james found should never be allowed to breed.
baz,the aggressive attitude of youths who pose as anglers(a minority i might add)is one of the reasons that i gave up bailiffing(along with the apathy of the local club committee)having arthritic joints in most of my body means that i can no longer fight my way out of trouble if need be.
i think that anyone convicted of littering the banks of fisheries should be banned for life from fishing fukk stop.if they are caught illegally fishing,then fine them heavily or make them do 6 months community setvice.

W

Wolfman Woody

I think I know the woman you mean James, or one of the several hundred we now have in our town.

The car's gone now, btw. Taken by the guy who works for the council and he's an angler. Sadly he can't remove the rest of the crap so that's still there signalling to all other brain-deads - THIS IS A TIP, PLEASE DUMP HERE.

Neneman Nick

Reaction score
your right....it doesn`t take much to pick up your own rubbish from the bank or even the litter left by some idiot.what a shame there is a minority who just cant be arsed to do it!!!
we have litter wardens etc...down our way and i`m right in thinking that there has been some succesful prosecutions.fly tipping is a big problem in the surrounding area where i live and the local councils in conjunction with the police have hidden cameras at known hotspots so they can catch the buggers.what a shame they fail to take the same stance with travellers,gipsies,pikies,call em what you want<i can think of a few choice words!!!>
who leave all manor of crap where theyve been parked up.

A

Ashe Hurst

I deal with this all the time and after a few years, its seems we have less angling related litter, a few odds n Sods yes but mostley fly Tipping (anything) kids walking to school dropping sweet and drinks containers, Picknickers & bird feeders leaving bread bags OR Doggy POO POO Bags hung in Trees or chucked in River.

This is what you do.

Look at www.thames21.org.uk and www.cacg.co.uk

It works, trust me, Not 100% but its better than sitting back doing Nowt!

oh Yeah, Tight Lines.