Matrix feeders

fishcatcher60

Reaction score
Hello everyone.
Have any of you tried the matrix interchangeable feeders ( method etc).
I would be grateful for any opinions please.
Thank you.

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
Looking at them they seem very similar to the PI and Guru ones. I have both of these brands and possibly Drennan tucked away in my feeder box. Going on looks compared to the others I would have no hesitation in using them,
I would assume they interchange in the same way as the others.

rayner

Reaction score
Every tackle company has their own version, they are virtually all the same. Pick your company and stay with them.
Mark Rodger has shown a way to have all companies fit the same stem. Check him out on the tube. Even feeders that are not ICS

seth49

Reaction score
I’m a fan of the Preston ICS feeders, so easy to change between the different types, I hardly use any others now.

mikench

Reaction score
Keith do you use the ICS inline quick change bead or the original Preston variant. The latter pushes into the feeder whereas the former looks to merely butt up to the end of the feeder but I may be wrong.

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
I think there are two types with the peg at the end, one is a decent fit the other is a slack fit,
I have used the Drennan ones as well without the peg end.
Most of the waters I fish the feeders have to be free running,so it does not matter really what bead I use.
Slightly off topic..
I prefer the X safe ones for quick change and bait up, have 3 or 4 ready to go, but they are not allowed

rayner

Reaction score
I am against connectors with any small alteration to act in a way that causes the fish to hook themselves if they lift the feeder anywhere but in front of the feeder.
I am not against feeders, in certain situations I can not manage without them at times.
When fisheries ban tethered feeders any form of self hooking is just not right.
Just because little tricks are devised to get around any rules does not make them right.
Self hooking rigs are not really fishing for me, get a bite and react to it, that to me is fishing.
I have no qualms with anyone who likes self hooking rigs, they are just not for me.
The only connectors I use are GURU speed beads.