Monument owner bans maggots

I

Ian Cloke

Have you caught, or tried to catch, any of the Asian carp Roto? I have seen some pictures of massive captures of late.

Tinca Tinca

Reaction score
Perhaps the carp should be allowed to continue their maggot diet and anglers would no longer be catching those horrible looking scaleless carp with droopy guts!

tinca steve

Reaction score
I suppose all them french carp were never over 20 lbs before the boilie was invented then ?

And the humble boilie caused them to bloat to 50/60lbs.

R

Roto Fryer

not caught the giant siamese carp as yet nr have i ever tried, i do own a load of them though /forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

blankety blank

Reaction score
monumnet sounds ghastly. Like a previous poster said, its must be like fishing at a fish farm.

When we have a fishery owner who dictates that you can only use baits that will make the fish put on weight, then that just goes too far for me.

Where is the challenge of man against nature in fishing in places like this? what pride can anyone take in catching a big one, when it has basically been reared, by design, to be that size?

Mad Dog

Reaction score
i fished it within a few days of the ban and my first thought was if your bringing maggots because the fish were lovin it the onsite shop sales of boilies would slump but a regular there says it goes a bit further than that in his opinion.

he said if i and the others were'nt putting a kilo or more each into the venue rob hales has to pay out of his pocket to dump mega kilo's ofboilies in to keep the fishes weight up!

although i believe rob is minted he could still have his business head on and wish not to be losing money to the maggots for the above reasons.

the venue was clean and tidy and the manager friendly.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
ps- i blanked after 36hrs.

only 3 fish were caught in that period with 14 swims taken.

those fish were caught on maize.

weather conditions were horrible-windy and cold with hailstones at times(20th/21st march-going into last good friday)but i say its not a easy venue with the underwater features thrown into the mix and the weed at my end of the lake.

/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif