Most enjoyable method

Specihunter

Reaction score
I'm keeping quiet /forum/smilies/dont_tell_anyone_smiley.gifso cakey won't find out for this years james farrow.

Clive Moore 2

Reaction score
definately surface fishing for carp, REALLY close in. close in work is a thriller!

Day Breamer

Reaction score
Bobbins and alarms with feeder and lobworm, waiting for the bobbin to creep up slowly is where its at for me.

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
John,

Rain what rain, nothing down here for a while. Mild evening right now, light breeze.

Good luck for tomorrow.

Bobbins and alarms, I remember sitting up all night watching a fairy liquid bottle top hanging on the line, no alarms to wake you up to catch a fish. pleased we have the alarms now for those long sessions.

David Gallagher 4

Reaction score
Favorite method has got to be summer crusting for river chub. Nothing like that feeling when you've worked the crust down between the streamer weed to the clear patch and suddenly the water around the bait starts to gentlyheave from something moving under surface. Then either a pair of lips suck it down or you get an explosive short rise to break it up, and you pray old chavender is about to take thebit of tougher crust you'd stuck the hook in and the lines about to go veeing off. Or, its a clearer stretch and something is taking a casualmeandering cruise towards the crust that just raises a small dome of water in front of its progressionlike you see with the the bows of a submarine. Or a moorhen appears from the willows making for the bait and you strike it off with an expetive! But then that fishing!

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
The most enjoyable for me is whichever method I am using on a particular day on a particular venue - I just love fishing.

If I had to chose just 2 though, then,

1. Casting a dry fly upstream to a rising brown trout, or,

2. Guiding a stick float down the crease of a river with that wonderful expectation you get when the float enters the bite zone.

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)

Fly fishing of any kind.

The other day I caught a queenfish on the fly. It was not the biggest queenfish I had ever caught in my life, but it took a Lefty's Deciever and left my right forfinger with a painful mark as it took off!

The power of those fish is incredible.

Moggy

Reaction score
My favourite method is floating bread for Carp, unblelievable when you seen them big lips come up and take ya bait, reminds me of my 6 weeks holidays back in my teenage years haha.
I also love float fishing in the margins as this is the method i caught my 1st coarse fish with