mullet.jpg

Mithrandir

Reaction score
Well done, sorry I missed the trip Glad you had a great time, and a PB

J

Jeff Spiller

That's a funny looking Trout, did you catch it on the Avon ?

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

How big is that?Nice fish.You did well to land it amongst all those boats.

alan

Reaction score
look at the fillets on that...

where was that from, round portsmouth there are loads of mullet but all the marinas dont allow fishing.

Claudia Crowther

Reaction score
Neil

It was 6lb 8oz.....took me almost an hour before I caught it...I was free lining bread and the tinker kept sucking my bait off.

Jeff

haha a trout on the way to a fancy dress party lol

?

Alan

Caught it at hamble, my mate has a boat at one of the marines, so we could fish there?

John Wood 2

Reaction score
I've tried catching the mullet at Hamble - some of them are huge. I spent hours freelining bread. they are so crafty and cunning. They drove me mad sucking in the bait and immediately spitting it out again.

I've tried about 4 / 5 times and each time had the same result - zero hooked and about 5 million bites!

Gav Barbus

Reaction score
Well done a mullettastic fish ,like Nigel says you did well to land it as the mullet I have caught have gone balistic when hooked .
Do you have to go catching bigger fish than I though ,please have a rest for a while.

Claudia Crowther

Reaction score
John

I know how you feel....they were driving me round the bend too......but I am more stubborn than mullet, I don't give up.

Gav

Ok ok I'll give it a rest...............until the end of the month when I fish the Severn/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif ............mahooooosive barbel I hope/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif or maybe a toothy critter a zed/forum/smilies/tongue_out_smiley.gif

T

The Monk

absoluterly gorgeous

fish looks good too

well done Claudia

Andy Connor 2

Reaction score
Well done claudia

your making me jeleous

thanks for the DVD's you sent a while ago, my catch rate has gone up, not quite to your level, but i can dream.

Keep up the good work, there the only fish i see.

Claudia Crowther

Reaction score
Andy,

glad the DVD's have helped you......the mullet was a 'lucky' catch, biggest fish (besides a 7lb cod from a boat) I had so far out of the sea, I usually end up with little tiddlers lol

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
I'm glad I spotted this thread Claudia..................get in there mate, that is a clonker!

Well done, that really is a fine fish.

See you on the Severn, I will be after a toothy Zed critter too /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Claudia Crowther

Reaction score
Thanks Steve/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif......and I am still going after the barbel first /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif....than the zed/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif or for both at the same time.....I know I'm greedy lol

Keith M

Reaction score
Great Fish

4_PetMyMullet.gif