Never seen a rig ANYTHING like it

DAVE COOPER

Reaction score
Stuart, what on earth were doing at Frant Lakes? I thought you were a proper fisherman. That place is my idea of fishing hell, the perfect example of 'hole in the ground' commercial fisheries at its very worst. If that was the best that was available I would give up fishing instantly.

S

Stuart Bullard

Hiya Dave. Sorry my response is delayed, I am in the US at the moment. My last line on the original post read....

"There were many other things I whitnessed on this commercial water which I could write about.......it was a bit like being on the film set of Deliverance 2."

Have you ever seen the film Deliverance ? Especially the Hill Billys and inter breeding ?!?!

It was possibley the very worst fishing experience of my life. The only reason I went there was that my Brother in Law has just got kitted up with his new gear after getting hooked. As the RMC lakes i fish were not available on day tickets (or too far for us on that day), we chose a local commercial water.

As a fishery it was truly hideous......so I can only agree. I have never seen so many people crammed around small lakes. What made me really laugh was all the people "roaming" around in between the bivvys trying to catch off the surface.

What didn't make me laugh was the fact that these same people also still had 4 rods out while they were "roaming" around.

Live and learn.