newbie!

t24psy

Reaction score
hi new member here, fished for longer than i care to remember, fished club and open matches back in the 80's and early 90's, now pleasure fish if there is such a thing, on the Trent for Barbel, fly fish for trout and pole fish in muddy puddles for carp. at the moment i think i have too much going on in terms of fishing and need to make a definitive choice of method to concentrate on.

sam vimes

Reaction score
Whilst one track angling definitely suits some, it does little for me. I have no qualms about being fairly single minded for a time, but I can't sustain my interest in angling without a bit of variety.

Provided you aren't pressed for space or finances, go one track for a time, but keep the gear for everything. I've seen a few too many burn out an give up because they became a little too preoccupied with one particular facet of angling.

Besides, as well as keeping things interesting, a variety of disciplines can give insights across the board that the more focussed never get.

rubio

Reaction score
How do. At least your catching. Catch more and some of 'em are bound to get bigger.

john step

Reaction score
Welcome. Good on the Trent innit?
I don't think there is anything wrong doing many different things. Keeps the enthusiasm fresh. I think I would burn out if all I did was barbel on the Trent though.
A little finesse with the smaller fish is still good for me.