Next Please

C

Cakey

Anyone read .......
Falling in again -Chris Yates
Angling memories -Tag Barnes ??

B

Big Swordsy :O)

Got both and read them in parts very good books, recomended!

ByNasty

Reaction score
Haven't read falling in again but if casting at the sun and the secret carp are anything to go on I'm sure it'd be a top read. The Syndicate books by Mark Cunnington are well worth a read, I'm just on the second one at the moment and they are very entertaining. Not many books get me laughing out loud but so far both of these have.

D

Deecy

Hook Line and Stinker or Sling Your Hook or The Compleat Wally Angler by Cliff Parker, Line from Hook Line and Stinker, Chukkitan Chansits diary the Pakistani member of the Sludgethorpe Waltonians "Harry is saying that eleven o'clock is the time for the opening of the bhooser and that all the fish in the canal have been trained to stop eating so as not to be interfering with the social habits of fisherman" Very funny books.

C

Cakey

Just received Falling in again ,let you know in a couple of days what I think

C

Cakey

Going through my cd collection the other day and founf a dvd called "Caught in time " by Chris Yates ,know one knows where it come from anyway I watched it and quite enjoyed it

K

Kevin Perkins

Cakey

Email me your address and I will get Herbert to send you a copy of his book, like a lot of things, you can easily hold it in one hand.......

Regards

Kevin

J

jason fisher

adolf hitler and my part in his down fall by one S Milligan, thats a good one too.

J

jason fisher

aaaaaaggghhh they released it early though thud might be better

J

jason fisher

nah get THUD if you want a new one, but if you havent read any then start wi the colour of magic.

ByNasty

Reaction score
I've read majority of the Pratchetts up to monstrous regiment and I can't think of any that haven't been excellent, all ace but i think the more recent ones are even better. Terry is a genius when it comes to manipulating the english language.
Jason, have you read any of Spikes other war memoirs? I've got the boxed set of 7 and I would recommend all of them. Suprisingly moving in places to.

J

jason fisher

i got all the pratchett up to thud now because i just ordered it and wheres my cow

ByNasty

Reaction score
I see where's my cow is one of the comic strip style books, not read any of them are they good?
Strange thing is I found wee free men to be one of the funniest books and yet thats meant to be aimed at young adults. I wonder if that says something about my high level of immaturity....
There's something about a pictsie grabbing a cat by the ears and nutting it that creases me every time!
If you want Jason fire me an email and I'll send you the Spike books.