North-west waters

lappie

Reaction score
there is a water in chorley called worthington lakes which is on the wigan aa card. its quite a hard water but not many people go there so it isnt pressured

J

jason fisher

sale has the added disadvantage of the occasional woman driver parking their car in it.

S

steadyeddie

alright johno,what is wrong with the water that j,b,had that 30lb from last year w.a.a

Michael Garner

Reaction score
writing in a previous thread i mentioned trawsfynyned lake in north wales ,absolutely full of trout and big perch that have been there for years and rudd what they never tell you is it has also got quite a big head of large carp ,including one of 42 lbs that was killed by a propeller of a boat in 1992 why they never report the coarse fishing potential of this wonderful lake i can only think they they want to keep it as a trout fishery but it is also an all method fishery and in the 70s and 80s it wasn,t uncommon to catch perch over 3to 4 lb + on the fly and spinner it used to be run by the prysor angling club hope this helps someone please get in touch if you need more info

S

steadyeddie

jonho,the water you asked about,it was stocked again last year with simmons carp,not heard of anything big as yet. as you know they dont say much anyway,the size puts most people off i would say at the moment in time there is a few biggies in there just a matter of putting the time in plus bait,if you dont try it you will never know,can fish 3nights on there,good luck

Johno

Reaction score
Steadyeddie,

theres nothing wrong with it just gets choker in the summer and when ya chatching people come over just to take a sneaky look what bait ya on ????????? Am going to start fishing the mentioned whater when it warms up, is there any carp in the smaller one ????????

S

steadyeddie

i will find out for you as i am one of the bailiffs,ha ha,as soon as i know i will let you know,its not what you know its who you know lol speak to you soon as i can johno

S

steadyeddie

fluke. are you on about the water that me and johno are on about,if so big changes on there ,zero tolerance,from now on ,you will a get fine,or they will take your nightcard,do something again you will be banned from the club,not pointing at you ,this water has a good head of fish,its the ....heads on there,there are some good members on there why should they suffer,i grew up on that water,local .to any one who is a member,05 nightcards are no good now need 06, cheers

FLUKE

Reaction score
Steady,
Yes you are on about the samre water where they are pylon on the pounds. Excuse my pun.

Glad something is being done to sort the water out as it is a real disgrace considering it can only be fished by members so it is the members who leave the litter.

Change that flippin padlock while your at it! :mad:)

O

Ozz

Leigh and District AA have an awsome water, Higher Hall Flash, at Bickershawe, Its where the North-West Junior Event has been held for the last 2 years.
Thats syndicate and day ticket.

will kerr

Reaction score
Im thinking of fishing gawsworth, what tactics work best on there? Does it produce fish in the cold weather.
thanks

Johno

Reaction score
Steady,

on the pylon water why dont they get a bloody big gate 6 feet high on the car park so know one can walk round or get in unless they have a key (new key). this would stop none members walking round the water and improve security, fuk it why dont you fence the hole water ????????

B

BAZ (Angel of the North)

Impossible johno mate, we only own so much of the land.

Johno

Reaction score
Nice to hear from ya Baz, ye but they could still put a big gate on the car park to stop people walking onto the water unless they have got a key

S

steadyeddie

i agree with you all,the lock is a nightmare to open,we are looking at doing something with the front entrance,baz tells me not heard of any carp in small lake johno sorry,if i hear anything i will let you know,we will do something with the entrance on this water,what do you think baz,certain members dont help not locking it after them.we find out who there cards will be marked in pen ha ha .johno baz is the one for fishing info thats if he will tell anyone he tells me thow lol

B

BAZ (Angel of the North)

Don't mention the threatened stabbing at the weekend steadyeddie, it will only frighten the natives on there.

FLUKE

Reaction score
Well you better mark my card cos I didnt lock it in Fevruary...cos it wouldnt lock!

Back to Syndicates and decent open waters. Firstly there are only a handful of syndicates up here (WHERE ARE YOU RMC?).

Farmwood (Chelford) is by invitation only as
is botom pool at Capesthorne. Deadmans Flash (Gatley) more or less closed shop unless you know someone one there and the waiting list is now shut. Borwick up Garstang way is ok but overfished in my opinion so that leaves Wyre lakes. About ?350 and you have access to a number of twenties and the odd thirty butagain it is heavily fished.

If your a north mannchester lad I would consider a Bolton card for about ?25 quid
or have a look at Pilsworth in Bury which has just been re-stocked due to the Matchmen going elsewhere. If your South Manchester look at Bay Malton, Altrincham, Northwich, Warrington and Stoke for immediate access and put your name down for Prince Albert for the future.

The simple fact is there are not enough quality waters up here so bank space is at a premium. If something new comes up it is generally kept a bit quiet otherwise you end up will a Sale Marina senario everwhere you go!

Good Luck

B

BAZ (Angel of the North) aka Fester

At the moment there is a 16 year old reading the riot act to us on this water. His latest masterfull piece of info is to take any damaged carp out and put them in the Mersey. He reckons we have the right to do it because we own the land. Just like the rest of you he is talking crap.
None of you lot have got a clue as to what you are saying. Keep your traps shut, get on with your fishing, or clear off elsewhere.

B

BAZ (Angel of the North) aka Fester

None of thre waters you are talking about are carp waters.