North Western Rods

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
You got a propper bargain there m8, northwestern rods are up there with anytop shelf rods of old or of today and for the price you paid........you stole it ! Good luck with it.

Rich P

Reaction score
Cheers for that Tigger - I've not caught a barbel with it yet but the action feels spot on.

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I've got four Normarks and love em to bit's lol.

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Well Cakey If they do might as well let em see a quality rod when they stick out their yeds lol. I allways fancied having/using some good quality rods after years of using lower end gear. I must addmitt I wouldn't pay the retail prices as they're just silly but Picked mine up online and out of private adds at the right price. The Normarks really are nice to use and are the best I've used, in the match rods that is.

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Yeah why not if you like em. I like my Shimano diaflsh specimines and daiwa whisker kevlar tournament carp rods but there not quite the same as the Normarks for trottin the river with a centrepin or float fishing for tincas etc.

steve B

Reaction score
N W rods

I bought a N/W 11 ft 1 1/4 lb tc three piece Barbel rod about fifteen years ago, I think I only used it twice ( more rods than sence) just got it down from the loft, and realised
what a lovely rod it is !!.
Not sure whether to put it on flee-bay or start useing it.
Has anyone else used one of these ?.
Cheers Steve.

Steve King

Reaction score
I bought a North Western Carbon/Kevlar rod 2nd hand a few years ago and despite losing ¼" off the tip it is still my favourite barbel rod for small rivers like the Kennet and the Teme.

Last edited:

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
A m8 of ine uses his northwestern Kevlite tench rods for barbel fishing when the rivers not raging through and he swears by em, they are lovely rods. The end eye is threaded allowing a swing tip or screw in quiver tip if required.

Steve King

Reaction score
A m8 of ine uses his northwestern Kevlite tench rods for barbel fishing when the rivers not raging through and he swears by em, they are lovely rods. The end eye is threaded allowing a swing tip or screw in quiver tip if required.

Mine is the Barbel Quiver version. It has a built in (slightly shortened on mine) quivertip. It has a rated test curve of 1¼lb but I reckon it is more like 1½lb!

A delightful rod to use!

steve B

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies.
mine hasn't got a thredded eye,
and being a three piece is a bit of a pain when broken down.
But like you say thay really are nice rods and i can't wait to
get a decent fish on it.. probably a chub!!.
Cheers Steve.