Oi! Get Out of My Sea-Trout Pool!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul Boote

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Ah, but it was about Argentina, about the Argentines and Us.

22 years ago as around now, Lady Soames, Winston Churchill's daughter, a truly great Lady who died last May, on telling me that I had won a Winston Churchill Memorial Trust Travelling Fellowship - Winston Churchill Memorial Trust - charged me (with a lovely, open-faced, beaming smile) with travelling diplomatically in the region and to do my best to repair the wounds that were still raw between the two countries - "Whoever you meet, Paul, from the "shirtless ones", to the supermarket worker, to those you will doubtless meet in Buenos Aires with fine houses and country estates..." was the gist of her quiet word with me.

I did. And, from the everyday shop-worker and farmhand bottom-end, to the hugely sophisticated and internationally well-travelled Estanciero landowner and porteno City-slicker top, succeeded.

And now three Yihah!-ing media oafs have not only undone what was pretty "sweet" and continuously improving between Brits and "Argies" during the 1990s to mid 2000s, but have also made Argentina a far less safe place (in certain areas) for a Brit travelling on his or her own own (in my case with an equally diplomatic, charming and (this helped) simply quite lovely female companion ("She can't be British, Paul....").

So much for doing things the correct way.

End of thread.

Last edited:

bennygesserit

Reaction score
So have I , thats why I would never say 'from bottom-end shop workers' moreover I would , probably , be aware how that might , once again , **** people off.

Paul Boote

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Peter Jacobs, Moderator

You sent me a personal message earlier today. Please note my even-handed and non-censorious reply very well.

PB

cg74

Reaction score
Poisonous people never sleep; they will try it on at any time, even in the last minutes of a year. That's why one of them got an 11.45pm New Years Eve reply from me.

As I have said many times now in this - what was it? - oh yes, Media Monsters Visit Argentina - thread, just stop this nonsense.

Ironically Paul, it seems to be you that doesn't sleep, sat with your fingers poised in readiness to tap out some more random unintelligible ****, no matter what time of day or night.

Back on track (I think); another great wilderness and culture under threat:
In pictures: Chilean Patagonia and the way of life under threat by dams | Environment | The Guardian

Paul Boote

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Angling will continue to work itself down to a once-fine roofs falling in, post-Roman Dark Age bottom until a few of today's serial, "Got to make a point", Palestine Liberation Front stridents finally understand just what the Romans did for us. Till then, we're all joining the oinkers in their collapsing byre at the back of the family hovel.

End of thread, anyone?

bennygesserit

Reaction score
Angling will continue to work itself down to a once-fine roofs falling in, post-Roman Dark Age bottom until a few of today's serial, "Got to make a point", Palestine Liberation Front stridents finally understand just what the Romans did for us. Till then, we're all joining the oinkers in their collapsing byre at the back of the family hovel.

End of thread, anyone?

Why did you edit your post ?

Reaction score
I think we've all had completely enough now.

So I'm closing this thread.

The mods WILL NOT accept any form of continuation of this petty personal and puerile behaviour FROM ANYBODY on any other thread. If it does the action will be sharp and terminal.

Status
Not open for further replies.