Okuma Twin Cedros "Reviewed 8000 Reels" Have Returned!

Scuba Chris

Reaction score
These CJ8000 Spinners Are Powerful! I Love The Entire Line of Cedros! Just Got Them Back From Okuma Servicing Them!

I currently have all the models (minus the 6K). The 4K is so strong i use it for plugging to surf casting. My heaviest hitting smaller spinner! If i had the 6K that would be an awesome plugging size reel. The 10K & 14K are so large that i don't even use them for surf casting as intended. My 2 8K's are true workhorses! I know the Kona guys plug for Ahi (Yellowfin Tuna) at the Fad's using them (also the CA jiggers). GT anglers from Australia use them off the rocks. During testing large tunas were being boated in the +150lb class using the 8K size.

If i was still a Shimano, Daiwa or Penn user i'd still want these reels. To a true angler the name brand is minor. What matters is what's inside of what i'm using. And i just checked Amazon. Prices are bloody low! That's usually a prelude to a new model coming out soon so they clear their inventories first, or just "cleaning out" inventory. So what are my favorite spinning reels & sizes from Okuma? Makaira (fav 10K). Cedros (fav 8K). Blue Azores (fav 4K). ITX (fav 3K). Helios (fav 40). This is my personal & professional opinion after testing & using most of their equipment over the years.

Currently the NEW Salina Line is the new Cedros for Okuma. I personally haven't tried one yet. The MSRP is higher but i've read the earlier testings done & they seem to love it. Some reviewers are comparing them as a "super heavy-duty version" of the Cedros line. That alone is a good comparison for both the Cedros & the Salinas. Mostly i jig, plug & surfcast them.

(For baitcasters i love the Komodo line for power & the Helios for ease of usage/also i feel the Helios was an overlooked model for how easy it was to use and how great it felt casting it. For conventionals i still use the SLX Solterra line. I still shore cast the 12/15's on my GT Rod! +.400yd of 50lb mono on the 15's).

Attachments

• Cover-Okuma Cedros.jpg
    Cover-Okuma Cedros.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 14