One of those things......

rubio

Reaction score
VAK
Visual, Auditory, Kinetic
We tend to have our own preferences as to how we learn best. For me hearing it is better than reading it , but as others have said watching and doing( and doing over and over) helps me feel confident with something new.
The art of writing is tricky anyway, especially when you are not certain of the preferences of your audience.
Try teaching a newcomer even the simplest of casting techniques can be frustratingly hard. Next to impossible if you can't put a rod in their hands and let them try it for real. Give 'em a 12ft beachcaster with 6oz of lead and a whole squid at the end and tell to bang it out 100 yards plus and you would have a lovely time tying on new end rigs and running for cover.
I have great admiration for those that do their level best to convey complex information on a format such as this.
If that's you, thankyou very much, even if I still can't get it right.

flightliner

Reaction score
How to explain a swim on a length of river that even to the most experienced user would be a last choice but is consistantly better than other, more inviting looking, charecterful ones.

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
flightliner.......I think you're dead right! If some of the anglers I see on the bank are anything to go by I suggest many, many anglers judge a swim by how comfortable it is for them (no overhanging trees, a nice clear,flat area for the chair etc etc) rather than how good it might be for the fish!!
Not to say that well worn swims are not good ones, but I like to look for the unusual and unused and if it offers something a little different well BEFORE I look to see if my chair will fit. Not always possible to find such swims but poking a rod out between rushed for example can find better fish, well, sometimes, anyway!!!