Particles versus Boilies?

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

Floaters if its Castle Ashby and you want Carp.

JC

Reaction score
Particles or boilies? I might just as well use one of my socks fished over a bed of clothes pegs for all the good it would do me. 1 fish of 7lb in 12 trips this year. I'm taking up Burbot fishing, it would be easier!

JC

Reaction score
Many thanks for the offder Rik, at the moment I'm thinking it's just too damn hot!

The water in question doesn't allow night fishing, so I'm largely down to fishing in some very hot weather. I know the fish are there, seen em cruising and basking, but they just don't seem interested in feeding, not even at dawn/dusk.

B

Big Rik

yeah, know what you mean.
I haven't been out this week, doesn't seem to be worht it.
Although I've managed to air dry about 30kgs of boilies this week in the glorious sunshine.

JC

Reaction score
and I've managed to knock out 130 lovely joey mackerel, which old esox will just luuuuurrrrrrve come October :)

There's a lot to be said for fishing and bait collecting all rolled into one!

C

Cakey

it seems to be the same every where ,the weir pool Im targeting the bream are up on top motionless they dont even spook when you reel in ,the carp are moving around but not feeding at all,some big chub all bunch up at the dam end not interested in anything .
do you think we will have to wait until the weather turns or am I in the wrong place ?

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

take the water temp Cakes, bet it like a bath......

L

Les Clark

Much the same here Cakey , carp topping all over the water but not haveing any of it .

JC

Reaction score
Tell you what, as soon as we get a damn great thunderstorm I wanna be on the water as soon as the last lightning bolt has struck! I can see a mega-munch happening as soon as the water freshens up a bit..........

B

Big Rik

yeah but you always have SW's and light rain down there.
It peters out over the moors and we get sod all.

JC

Reaction score
the forecast on here doesn't say too much about that frothers, maybe a drop tomorrow, but that's pretty well it.

F

Frothey

Is for me! - well at least cooler and cloudy

just got to convince them to move all the fish from the lakes in the clone valley that are in trouble to down here.....

JC

Reaction score
handy site that mate, hope it does the trick for the fish down your way.

so why is it that fish in this country are so badly affected by hot weather, but on the continent, where it's hotter for longer, this doesn't seem to be as much of a problem (or at least I've never heard anything about it) Might be exposing my ignorance here, but it is an interesting point I feel.........

New thread anyone? :)