Paste - the ultimate margin bait!

catman

Reaction score
If ya bein serious then luncheon meat is good. Anything stinky really to attract 'em. They aint got much meat on 'em but they taste bloody good if ya get enough of the little menaces.

Malc Bason

Reaction score
How would you best cook them, and do you thing hemp might be a good attractor around the meat?

catman

Reaction score
Na no need. You will be hard pushed to 'hook' them. They will just hold on to the bait as you lift them out.
I just boil 'em in salt water mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

F

Frothey

"Wot do ya mean when u said 'amazing what you can do with a flask...'?"

think.......

B

Big Rik

Catman, have you tried and experimented with various pastes, their ingredients, solubility, longevity etc?

I've performed some extensive, research and experimentation and would welcome the exchange of ideas from the testing that you've obviously performed before your declaration on here.

Thanks

catman

Reaction score
Yes Big Rik. Ihave found that a good base has crumbed fresh bread, egg, butter, oil, powder dye, betaine, salt, pepper. Then add flavours and other oils. Then put in the microwave on high for 30 secs. Knead well and chill. This will last nicely for two hours on the hook. Do a tank test beforehand ovcourse.

B

Big Rik

isn't that the recipe for bread pudding? Just add some sultanas...

Do you change you base at all, or is it just based around bread and flavour?

catman

Reaction score
Occasionally add a bit of 50/50 boilie mix to help bind it.

catman

Reaction score
Just Nash 50/50 dry base mix. It has great binding properties and has its own unique flavour which i believe helps.

catman

Reaction score
Nah. Any old soya and semo has the same smell. You cannot deny that it smell different.