Pee Bee's

R

Ryan Turner

I know this is a bit of a boast but I've just had a personal best chub out of the Ribble at a whopping 6lb 4oz! Whoopee!
Anyway I was wondering if anyone else has banked a p.b this season?
Come on lads, beat the boast!

S

Stewart Bloor

Great fish, well done. My last pb was a 9.13 barbel from the Severn just before the rains came last autumn.

J

Jon Moores

Fabulous fish - well done.

Must have been the night of big chub on the Ribble last night, I went after work and had a super fish of 5.15

Stewart are you going to get on there for your big chub?

Jon

J

John Tait

My only PB this season (so far) is an 8lb.12oz. barbel from the Dove - but there's plenty of time still left, especially when you have booked yourself some leave from work from 5th. to 15th. March !!!!!!

Jonty

P

PAUL DRAKE

Thats a big chub Ryan,well done. I've had all my P Bs this season. A 5Ib 4oz chub, a 7Ib barbel, a 6Ib 4oz tench and 9 chub for 37Ib.They were all caught on my club stretch of the Gt Ouse and the one I'm trying for at the moment is to better my 6Ib 8oz bream.

R

Ryan Turner

It certainly was a big chevin, it was absolutley solid with a massive girth and the widest shoulders I have ever seen on a chub. With a bit of luck the photo should be in A.T. in the next couple of weeks. I'm thinking of writing a piece on the Ribble as I have fished it to death all this season, this was my thirteenth over 5lb (2nd over 6), who says 13 is unlucky, I just hope it ain't the last!

Nice one Jon, it must have been the Ribble's night for sure, ten minutes after I recast I had another of 5lb 5oz, what a sesh!

C

Carp Angler

My PB for the season was meeting up with some great new friends thru this forum.

It's certainly been my most enjoyable season for many, many years.

M

matthew dent

Congratulations on a monstrous chub! My p.b chub was also from the Ribble on the last cast on the last day of last season 5lb and 15oz's! far from being gutted I was delighted. Iv'e failed so far this year to improve my roach best of 1lb 13oz but have managed a new p.b river bream of 8lb. Work and family commitments allowing I hope to up the bream best by 1 or 2 lb's before the end of the season.

M

Malcolm Bason

Good for you Carp - that's exactly how I feel! I haven't yet achieved this particular PB but hope to one day!

Regards.......

P

Paul Williams

Rik,
I'll second that!! i nearly feel sorry for laughing at the Saints now!!!

S

Stewart Bloor

Oi Brummie, he wasn't talking about you, but me.......
...Jon, I've 'booked' myself for a couple of sessions on the Ribble, but unfortunately, the conditions weren't right at the time. I'm relying on my gillie, Gary Knowles to give me the nod when it's OK to visit again.

D

Dave Johnson

which stretch of the Ribble is everyone fishing?
Are day tickets available?
Is that Barney's new job then Sedge or has he just not paid his phone bill-not heard from him for ages....
Does anyone fancy a trip on Friday by the way? I have a pass out as the wife knows the season is drawing to an end and genuinly feels that i have missed out what with all the flooding blah...blah...blah

S

Stewart Bloor

I think we're all on different stretches. It's just a coincidence that the Ribble was mentioned, or if it is the same stretch, it's another coincidence. The stretch I'm going for doesn't have day tickets - it's the same club ticket as I fish the Sow with...
Barney is still alive and well, I'm sure we'll hear from him soon stirring us all up with his big spoon....
I'm speaking on is emminent behalf now, but you're welcome to come with Cooperman and myself on Friday. We're off to the Teme (BAA).

DAVE COOPER

Reaction score
Emminent? Is that rude? Have to get my dictionary out!

Yes, off to the Teme Friday with the Bishop of Dudley, and Chub you are more than welcome. Any of you SWAG guys coming?

C

Carp Angler

I'm on Kempsey all weekend with the AN lot, for the Gordon Scott memorial fish-in.
Better not try and fish Friday aswell.

N

Neil Wayte

Back to PB's I've been lucky to increase two of mine this winter.A Chub of 6lb 7oz and a Crucian of 3lb 14oz.
Emminent is that the American c(rap) singer who's over here at the moment.