Personal Best.

Carpless

Reaction score
Thats an image of my personal best at 27lb. Strangely enough i was comparing it to other images of carp that weighed in lower than it that looked bigger. I know it's the right weight cause it was weighed and re-weighed and that fish is known at my venue as the 3rd biggest. I don't know whether its the angle of the photo but it definately looked bigger on the bank. Any ideas?

G

Graham Marsden (ACA)

Mainly because the camera is looking down at it, which means the depth of the fish is compressed.

For most trophy shots the camera needs to be on the same level as the fish. Next time ask whoever is taking the picture to kneel or crouch down.

Well done with the fish anyway!

F

Frothey

Nice fish - shoot the photographer!

like what Graham says.....

paul martin 7

Reaction score
As Graham said it's all to do with camera angle, I had the same thing with my pb pike, the angle was wrong and it looked a big double in the pics but was in fact 25.02.

M

Max Benjamin

Please dont take any offence... you not actually holding the fish in the right way to get its best look if you can say that. try not to put your other knee on the ground, get you right hand underneath its pectorial fin, left hand under its anal fin, keep it low to the ground and stick your elbows on your knees and pertude the fish towards the camera. But you are right lads the photographer must have needed to go to the number 2 and couldnt bend down, ask the him? if the shot was lower the fish would have looked biger in the photo. Stunning mirror Poult well done.

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Poult, you forgot to mention you are 7'6" tall!

Great fish..............give your mate a kicking and he will kneel down next time ;-)

pcpaulh

Reaction score
Great fish! And you can drive, lucky so and so. I've got another year till I can even stat learning.

Carpless

Reaction score
Yeah i noticed that when i looked at the pic Max, cheers for the tips. Lol steve, not quite that tall, 6'3" tho.