PETA - the next round?

K

Kevan Farmer

This was my starting point for information about PETA:http://www.peta-online.org/mc/facts/index.html#compan

It's a list of downloadable 'fact sheets' - their words, not mine. I haven't had time to find my reference about pets but I'm pretty sure it was a quote on PETA's site from one of their high ranking'officials'. I'm sure Ms Carr has also mentioned this somewhere. As I have said though, I will not use the pets issue until I have the concrete quote to back it up. It's no good us using anything that cannot be substantiated.

Check that page out though, there is plenty to go on with.

Kevan

K

Kevan Farmer

Here are those quotes. I scouted around and found them.

"Pet ownership is an absolutely abysmal situation brought about by human manipulation."

-- Ingrid Newkirk, PeTA

"The bottom line is that people don't have the right to manipulate or to breed dogs and cats ... If people want toys, they should buy inanimate objects. If they want companionship, they

should seek it with their own kind,"

-- Ingrid Newkirk, PeTA

P

Peter Morton

Kevan,i'll have some of this,also it may be obvious but can we have one for Tackle Shops too?

N

Neil Wayte

Well done Kevan.On Monday next the 20th Some of us from RMC are doing the childrens program Newsround with our children to counter the Peta accusations so look out for it.Hopefully we will put the case across correctly.

P

Paul Baxter

good one mate count me in with 100+ members in our club we can get rid of a few hundred at least

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
The response to the anti-PETA Posters has been tremendous. The stats for people viewing (and hopefully printing off) the posters have shot through the roof. Thanks to one and all.

Peter suggested one for tackle shops, but I think this would be a case of preaching to the converted.

A better idea is to print off as many as possible, take them into your tackle dealers, and ask him to tell his customers to help themselves and stick them up wherever they can.

Otherwise, tell your tackle dealers they can log onto FISHINGmagic and print off their own posters. After all, it is in their interests as much as ours.

Another idea is to visit fishing matches and hand out a few posters to each contestant, or walk around any water and hand a few out.

If anyone thinks that handing out a few FISHINGmagic stickers with the posters will help then send me a stamped, self-addressed envelope, and I'll post a dozen to you. I wish I could post more but, depending on requests for them, I need to ration them to some extent. I'll order some more in the meantime.

M

Martin Wright

The posters are great - hard hitting points and no waffle.

Graham, is it possible to keep this on the Features headline on the Home page for longer than usual, for newcomers to the site plus a reminder to the rest of us. This may be a long campaign.

M

Mark Frame

i've just been on a site and been accussed of being an anti(wot a laugh)
all because of some berk from england called john fotherington-smythe who rekons he is an english organiser of peta

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Martin asked if I could keep the Posters feature on the front page for a while longer. What I have done is put a link to them in one of the boxes (pods as we call them) on the right of the front page in place of the Digital Diary. I'll let it ride there for a couple of weeks. We can always resurrect the feature any time we think fit.

T

The Seeker of Truth & Justice

I printed 20 of each of these posters and took then into my local tackle shop. two days after i got a call from the owner to ask me for some more because theyd all gone. Putting them on the tackle shop countrers is probly the best way because every custonmer can take sonme and pin them up somehwre.

M

Marcel Karssies

Mark Frame.

I have to apologize for assuming you where connected to PETA on the FS forum.
You obviously are not one of them.

The reason for your unpleseant welcome there was the fact that someone, most likely from PETA started to mess up that forum when posting under a false name stating he was from England.
Since your nickname was similiar in style to what the imposter used before you where obviously not trusted to be for real.

It just shows that these PETA people won't hesitate to use their dirty tricks to disrupt fishing anyway they can.