Plastic bait Good or bad ?

Oscar The Grouch

Reaction score
Speaking of tigers, has anyone used the plastic tigers with any success?

My initial impression is that they didn't actually look too realistic!

D

Dave Rothery

look at where a carps eyes are....do you think a biggish carp can see what its eating when it gets close? why do they struggle with mixers...

D

Dave Rothery

so does a fish know a pop up is an inch off the bottom? pop ups tend to give a better hooking arrangement......

J

jason fisher

bill i tend to do my carping in may and june.
april to may i will be after tench on a lake thats gets too weedy to fish by the end of may, even after raking it.

B

Bill Cox

Good article about Plastic baits in Januarys IYCF it does,nt say anything about carps intestines being stuffed to bursting with fake corn.Perhaps like me the writer believes that only an idiot would prebait/groundbait with plastic .And in my book guarding against somthing so highly unlikely would not be a reason to ban what has proved to be an extremely effective bait.
Jason I fish for tench in the summer too my club has a pool stuffed with tench to 7lbs ,great fish tench fight better then carp pound for pound.But whu do you stop fishing in the winter theirs some great sport still to be had in the colder months.

J

jason fisher

bill i dont stop winters when i do my pike, roach, chub fishing.

B

Bill Cox

Glad to hear it mate one thing i cant stand are the old fairweather fishers.Some chub in our main lake i,ve often thought about targeting them but have,nt as yet.A mate of mine caught one just under 7lb this year while carping.

J

jason fisher

bill
i'm still thawing out from a 7 hour piking stint today

J

jason fisher

i caught quite a few chub on corn and small red worms back in september-october

B

Bill Cox

I,m going carping tomorrow I may just give it a go for chub if the wind stays right.Piking is somthing i say i,m going to do every year ,we have a ley down here which holds carp reportedly up to 20lb+ but its only fishable from a boat (available to hire)I almost did it once but my mate who had been before backed out and i did,nt fancy my first rowboat and piking trip on my own too many things to go wrong if you know what i mean.But you never know next year maybe.

PTnymph

Reaction score
I think plastic bait are here to stay wheather you like it or not. I had caught some big tench and carp on plastic corn, even on different colours. Even had bream on plastic casters!