Polarized Sunglasses

bracket

Reaction score
I don't use polarized sunglasses. I can appreciate that they enhance the "Image" along with camouflaged jackets, trousers, boots, socks, knickers and condoms. Not for me. Pete.

rayner

Reaction score
Prescriptions for me, my daughters bloke has clip ons and swears by them. If you don't need prescription specs go for original polaroid's. Loads to try in the opticians.

mikench

Reaction score
The only reason I’m say interchangeable lenses is that after ask on FM what colour lenses are best, with different answers yellow, blue, and brown, what want an all-round sunglasses to cope with the British summer and not having to carry 3 different sets of glasses, I don’t mind what I pay for them but also don’t want to waste money on the wrong ones

My old ones have brown lenses and the new dark grey. On balance I prefer the brown and think these have a more universal applicability seeing as how we rarely have prolonged sunshine:rolleyes:

thames mudlarker

Reaction score
I don't use polarized sunglasses. I can appreciate that they enhance the "Image" along with camouflaged jackets, trousers, boots, socks, knickers and condoms. Not for me. Pete.

I'm just wandering how many fish you've walked past on a river and not even knew they were there :rolleyes:.......:D

Last edited:

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I'm just wandering how many fish you've walked past on a river and not even knew they were there :rolleyes:.......:D

That's one good point TM, they are good for fish spotting and checking beneath the surface. I like wearing them when wading out in the river as they enable me to see the bottom so I don't trip over as many rocks or step in a deep hole, unfortunately I still manage it though :eek:mg:.

thames mudlarker

Reaction score
That's one good point TM, they are good for fish spotting and checking beneath the surface. I like wearing them when wading out in the river as they enable me to see the bottom so I don't trip over as many rocks or step in a deep hole, unfortunately I still manage it though :eek:mg:.

Absolutely Ian, I'd honestly never go fishing without em, I make sure that these are definitely in me bag before I even think about bait :D

B

binka

I've realised for many years just how good polaroids are but probably the most memorable occasion was last summer on the Trent.

I had been sat all morning fishing a slack cut in downriver of an overhanging bush with some decent depth to it and I just noticed the faintest shadow below the surface, I put my polaroids on and bloody hell there were a good dozen or so big perch holding at around two foot depth and not one looked below 2lb!

I managed to bag one during the afternoon and if memory serves it went 3-1, I also had the pleasure of seeing a zander twist up from the depths and turn back on itself as it rose up with dorsal flaring and nailed my paternostered livebait... I remember thinking it looked just like the outline of a marlin!

Not that I've had many of those out the Trent :D

mikench

Reaction score
I've realised for many years just how good polaroids are but probably the most memorable occasion was last summer on the Trent.

I had been sat all morning fishing a slack cut in downriver of an overhanging bush with some decent depth to it and I just noticed the faintest shadow below the surface, I put my polaroids on and bloody hell there were a good dozen or so big perch holding at around two foot depth and not one looked below 2lb!

I managed to bag one during the afternoon and if memory serves it went 3-1, I also had the pleasure of seeing a zander twist up from the depths and turn back on itself as it rose up with dorsal flaring and nailed my paternostered livebait... I remember thinking it looked just like the outline of a marlin!

Not that I've had many of those out the Trent :D

You are far too modest Steve:rolleyes:

ken more

Reaction score
Once the summer has gone by, some of the high street discount stores reduce their whole sunglasses section to just a pound or two. In amongst the cheap-and-nasties there are also polaroids, some discounted from £30 or more and in decent frames. I managed to catch Yorkshire Trading's end-of-season sale last year and ended up with a dozen or so pairs in all the popular lens colours for less than £20 for the lot.:cool:

Are you selling any, i'll even pay the postage:wh:)

bracket

Reaction score
I'm just wandering how many fish you've walked past on a river and not even knew they were there :rolleyes:.......:D[/QUOTE

Not wanting to sound like a pr*ck but I don't need glasses to recognize a good peg and that is down to years of match fishing pal.Pete.

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I've used ESP Polaroids for several years now but the frames/arms break easily. I've also used a pair of TFG's and they're a bit more robust than the ESP's but they seem magnify everything so things arn't true to life and can cause me to think my foot is about to touch the ground before it does...if you get my meaning so not really good but maybe that's just my pair.
I did have some cheap Loop polaroids off ebay and they where ok and cheaper than the branded angling glasses.

If anyone knows when Aldi get their Polaroids in a heads up would be appreciated as i'd like to try a pair out since they've been recommended on here.

thames mudlarker

Reaction score
I've used ESP Polaroids for several years now but the frames/arms break easily. I've also used a pair of TFG's and they're a bit more robust than the ESP's but they seem magnify everything so things arn't true to life and can cause me to think my foot is about to touch the ground before it does...if you get my meaning so not really good but maybe that's just my pair.
I did have some cheap Loop polaroids off ebay and they where ok and cheaper than the branded angling glasses.

If anyone knows when Aldi get their Polaroids in a heads up would be appreciated as i'd like to try a pair out since they've been recommended on here.

Mmm.......those TFG glasses would wind me up :mad: I'd be looking at what I think is a 2 lb roach and in reality is only 6 oz :eek:mg:......lols.......:D

steve2

Reaction score
Bought a good pair of tough polarized safety glasses from a DIY store. Not sure of the make, I think they are Bolle. Have lasted a few years and been mistreated as all my tackle is.

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Mmm.......those TFG glasses would wind me up :mad: I'd be looking at what I think is a 2 lb roach and in reality is only 6 oz :eek:mg:......lols.......:D

Yeah, similar thing happened to me when I went for a slash behind a bush :eek:mg:.

mikench

Reaction score

Its beer that does that Ian:rolleyes:

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

Its beer that does that Ian:rolleyes:

Can't be beer in my case Mike...I hate the stuff, maybe too much milk in me tea lol.

flightliner

Reaction score
I have a pair of unbranded amber sunglasses, bought them in a tackle shop twenty years ago, just stamped korea and have side panels, they are the best Ive ever used. Once on a big bream water in lincolnshire with another angler wearing some expensive big name brand ones looking for signs of feeding fish, he had gone in front of me but I pulled him back to show him a shoal of fish he had missed, he still couldnt see them--- £30 up the swanny!!
The panels on mine are long lost but tho I,ve looked long and hard I cant find any more like them so keep them for spotting only these days, meantime I have a pair from aldi for day to day fishing stuff.

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
Once on a big bream water in lincolnshire with another angler wearing some expensive big name brand ones looking for signs of feeding fish, he had gone in front of me but I pulled him back to show him a shoal of fish he had missed, he still couldnt see them--- £30 up the swanny!!

Fantastic ! Sunglasses that you cant see brim through. I want some !:D